FIVE

❝OH MY GOD...❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

   THERE WAS NO WAY IN HELL THAT ANY OF THE FOUR COULD GO BACK TO THEIR HOMES. Once again Carmen and Theo are in hiding, it's become such a part of their life that it didn't nerve them. They just had to deal with it. There's simply nothing else that could be done. If they really wanted to they could just ditch Steve and Natasha and go on the run and it would be like nothing in their life changed. Except, they didn't do that and don't plan on doing so.

Which is how they all stood at the door of Sam Wilson's house, a man Steve knows and often sees when going running. To Theo she was getting tired of meeting new people, it's too nerve-wracking. But she let Steve knock on the door and a few seconds later a man opened the door. He gave a question looking to Steve and gazed at the girls beside him. Steve simply sighs, "sorry about this. We need a place to lay low."

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us," Natasha stated bluntly.

Sam looked between the two and motioned for them to come in. "Not everyone." After getting let in, Sam glanced around outside before putting blinds down on the glass so no one could see through. He showed everyone where they would sleep. Natasha and Steve stayed in one room and straight across stayed, of course, Carmen and Theo. They didn't do much but sit there waiting due to already settling in. They had already cleaned themselves up so there wasn't really much they could do. Sam Wilson took this upon himself and knocked on the door. Simply waiting to introduce himself - he wouldn't even admit it to himself but - introduce himself to the pretty girl with the short hair.

   "Come in?" Theo said in more of a question. Soon enough Sam walked in with a smile, and Theo smiled back. The two paid more attention to each other and left Carmen looking between the two in a curious manner. Especially as no words were exchanged between the two just simply stares and smiles. As it all happened Carmen couldn't help but think, 'jeez is this how Steve felt with - nevermind.' That time is over. Why is she still hung up on someone who she never had, and is long dead? I mean she dated other people, there was her boyfriend from high school, and there was even Theo at one point. So what makes him so special? Is it because she doesn't want to forget him, or is it because she can't forget him.

"Nice talk we're having here, huh?" Carmen asked, now pointing out the awkwardness for her. Sam and Theo looked away from each other quickly. Theo tucked a piece of hair behind her ear as Theo went forward to Sam with her hand for him to shake. "I'm Carmen," she gave him a smile as she spoke and shook Sams' hand.

"Oh, so this is the great Carmen Ripley? The nurse right?" He asked shaking Carmen's hand back.

Carmen nodded as the handshake now ended. "Yeah. You're Sam I'm guessing." Sam nodded, now waiting for Theo to come up and introduce herself. But instead, she stayed sitting on the bed. This caused Carmen to go up and give Theo a harsh pat on the back, "this is Theo."