THREE

❝WOW CARMEN, YOUR MAN WAS HOT.❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

   IF IT HADN'T BEEN OBVIOUS TO STEVE, AND NATASHA BEFORE THAT THEO IS ALWAYS CURIOUS, IT DEFINITELY IS NOW. "So no one knows how he lost an eye?" Theo asked as they walked the hospital halls. Prior to them in a hospital, the three girls got a frantic call from none other than Steve Rogers himself. He claimed a man named Nick Fury was shot in his apartment - but upon Carmen and Theo's absence, they had zero clue who that is.

   But with the help of Natasha and Steve, they explained it all to them. Which only left Theo with silly questions like the one she just asked. Of course, Steve felt rude if he didn't answer so despite his mind being in a frenzy he answered anyways. "Only someone he trusted. He told me last time he trusted someone he lost an eye." The four walked the halls but Steve led the way. Until they stopped in a small hall where they were able to watch Fury get operated on.

   This also was the end of Theo's questions, but followed by one from Natasha. "Is he gonna make it?" She asked low tone, her eyes not leaving Fury who laid flat on the operation table.

   Steve could only sadly answer, "I don't know."

   Theo wanted to say something to let them know to be optimistic and have happy thoughts. She wanted to tell them that the law of attraction works - for it is the reason she got out of self-hate or is still trying to. But she couldn't muster up any words that seemed right. No words are ever right when someone may be on the brink of death. It was like that to Theo, and she's been around death many times even before Carmen was in her life. And each time all she could say was, I'm sorry.

"Tell me about the shooter," Natasha demanded but in a calm tone.

Steve took a breath before starting to explain "He's fast. Strong. Had a metal arm." When Steve said that Carmen and Theo quickly glanced at each other. It couldn't be - there was no way - except it is. The Winter Soldier, they'd never seen him of course, but often before Carmen killed David, he would taunt them about the soldier with the metal arm keeping them up at night with his screams. The two conversed with their eyes, and it wasn't going well neither of them knew what the other was saying. But nonetheless, Carmen let Steve finish before she asked her question.

"Did you see his face?" Carmen asked.

This resulted in Steve shaking his head no. "Only the upper half, the lower half was covered by a mask, almost like a muzzle."

By this point, Carmen and Theo couldn't say what they knew about this man because Maria Hill had now walked in. "Completely untraceable." She spoke.