FOUR

❝HEY DON'T BE MAD THAT I'M BRINGING UP YOU MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE FONDUED YET.❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

CARMEN AND THEO DIDN'T WANT TO ADMIT IT BEFORE, BUT THEY KNEW IT IS TRUE. The Winter Soldier is here and they are after Steve. The two girls had all the intentions of telling Natasha and Steve what they knew but when the time came they were too late. Which leads them to this very moment right now, in a 'disguise.' Jacket hoods rested upon all three girls' heads, and glasses were framed onto Steve's face, along with a hat on his head. In all honesty, the 'disguises' sucked and were barley much of a disguise at all.

   Nonetheless, they went onto their destination as Natasha spoke. "The first rule of going on the run is, don't run; walk," Natasha told Steve who seemed to be too occupied with gazing around for any threat than trying to seem as normal as possible. Speaking of normal, she didn't direct her words to Theo and Carmen seeing as being on the run was and is their normal.

   "If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off," Steve replied now diverting to just straight ahead. The group continued to walk in the mall before stopping at the Apple store and going inside. Many children inside played with all the phones and computers as if they were their own, and others simply just wanted to buy or look. As for Carmen, Steve, Theo, and Natasha, that wasn't the case.

   As casually as they could they approached a laptop and began to go into the laptop. "The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up S.H.I.E.L.D. will know exactly where we are," Natasha explained.

   Steve once again began to look at all the unfamiliar faces and asked, "how much time will we have?"

   "Uh- about nine minutes from," Natasha paused to insert the flash-drive Fury gave Steve before his death. "Now." She finished and began to dig through the computer and flash-drive. "Fury was right about that ship. Somebody's trying to hide something, this drive is protected by some sort of AI. It keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands."

   "Can you override it?" Steve asked leaning over.

   With a shrug and a sigh, Natasha responded. "The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me - slightly."

   Carmen who has been particularly silent during all this tried to speak up now. "Maybe you could try a tracer?" She suggested and Natasha nodded in agreement.

    "That's smart, if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from."

   As she was doing so a worker had come up to them and asked, "can I help you guys with anything?" Of course, he was only doing his job, but so were they.