EIGHT

❝WHEN HAVE I EVER BROKEN A PROMISE?❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

   MARIA CURRENTLY SAT AT A COMPUTER, "THEY'RE INITIATING LAUNCH," SHE TOLD THE GROUP. Meanwhile, outside the helicarrier, IN-02 was now lifting off the ground, and Steve, Sam, and Carmen all were running towards it. All while Theo stayed inside to help Maria. But for now let's focus on Sam, Carmen, and Steve. As they ran Sam couldn't help but question, "hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?"

   "If they're shooting at you, they're bad." Steve simply put it. This is when they approached the edge of the bay doors, Sam proceeded to use his 'wings' and fly, while Steve held onto Carmen and they jumped down together. Of course, Carmen is a trained assassin basically, she still isn't able to jump from high things without breaking her ankle, that was the downside of all this. Though she can't die unless someone actually kills her, or age, in fact, she can still break her bones. But upon landing the two of them ran in the direction of the helicarriers, of course, while Hydra agents shot at them. But quite honestly it wasn't a hard fight, especially after Steve managed to get a grenade.

   Above them and inside S.H.I.E.L.D. was Natasha Romanoff in disguise. She listened in on everything Pierce was saying, up until the moment he tried to kill someone. She, of course, stopped it and revealed herself. "I'm sorry. Did I step on your moment?" Also from above, but in the sky, was Sam who was getting shot at very harshly and fast, but he handled it quite well and dodged every bullet, and managed to get guns of his own. Upon doing so he signaled to both Steve and Carmen that he was in. Well, that was before two Hydra agents came flying and shooting at Sam.

   But as for Steve and Carmen, they remained running through smoke from the various guns shooting at them, attempting to make their way. They had precisely eight minutes to get to the helicarriers and stop all this. But of course like always they made their way inside, and while Steve went to stop all this, Carmen kept watch and to fight anyone who came in. This is really the whole reason she got to go with Steve, well also because she was stubborn and didn't want Steve to go alone.

   She didn't seem tough, but no one really saw Carmen for who she is due to Hydra. No one really except Theo. Everyone else sees a closed-off girl who you only hear talking a lot when it's Steve or Theo, they saw a girl who has been broken and beat, they saw Carmen for what she's been through. They didn't see her for what she's been through and what it's made her. Carmen Ripley is a closed-off girl, but simply because last time she trusted someone too early her brother was kidnapped, her mother and brother were murdered right in front of her, and she was kidnapped. Last time she trusted someone his name was David Earl, and Carmen Ripley killed him.

   They didn't see the true side of her, the one who is strong, the one who would kill for those she cares for, the one who would die for those she cared for, the girl who doesn't like to breathe, no one saw that side except one person, and that's Theo. Because Carmen isn't weak or needs someone to protect her, she is strong and needs no one to protect her because she only wants to protect others. She is capable of so much more damage than anyone has ever knowns.