SIX

❝HOW MANY HAD TO DIE BEFORE SOMETHING WAS ACTUALLY DONE?❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

SITTING IN THE BACK OF A POLICE VAN WITH, THEO, SAM, NATASHA, AND STEVE, WAS NOT ON CARMEN'S AGENDA. But then again, seeing Bucky alive wasn't on it as well. That was all she could think about, how close he always seemed, how close he truly was. But how in reality how far he was because that man she saw was not Bucky. It may be his body, but that was not his mind.  She wishes it was, and so does Steve. So they could have all been together, once again, just like the kids they were in Brooklyn.

It had been silent the whole time until now when Steve decided to speak. A sad and confused look overcame his face, as a similar look on Carmen's as well. No words in the world could describe how this felt. Even if they tried, it wouldn't compare. "It was him. He looked right at me like he didn't even know me."

"How is that even possible? It was, like, seventy years ago." Sam stated the obvious.

Carmen scoffed, not at Sam, but at the fact of how annoyed she was at herself for not realizing sooner why she could never see the Winter Soldier because it would 'trigger memories.' Now it all seems so obvious. "Trust me, HYDRA has their ways. Whether it was the same way Theo and I are still here or not, doesn't matter. They must have experimented on him in '43, his unit was captured. It was most likely Zola."

She finished and Steve continued with the statement. "Whatever he did, helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him..." Steve trailed off not wanted to finish his sentence. He and Carmen both looked at the floor with guilt. If they just wouldn't have given up on Bucky so quickly, maybe he could still be here... just as himself.

"Neither of that is either of your faults." Natasha directed towards the two as they sulked.

Steve sighed, "even when I had nothing, I had Bucky - I mean Carmen as well - but before Carmen, Bucky was all I had." Carmen looked at Steve with a weak smile and when he looked back he shared the same one. They desperately wanted to give each other a comforting handhold but nonetheless, they couldn't. Simply due to their hands locked together. Thus Carmen settled for resting her head on Steve's shoulder, in which he now rested his head upon Carmen's. So much pain and confusion filled their bodies, but at least they were together. At least that they are together it can feel like home.

   Meanwhile, Sam had taken a glance at Natasha's injured shoulder. Which had now bled through the cloth Carmen had tied around. Sam took his eyes off of Natasha and now looked at one of the guards in the back with them. "We need to get a doctor here. If we don't put pressure on that wound, she's gonna bleed out here in the truck." The guard completely ignored what he said and turned on their stick - that seems to tase people - in a threatening manner.

Everyone just looked at the person in shock. But this soon changed when with a swift motion they stabbed the other guard, tasing them, and knocking them out cold. Soon they took their helmet off to reveal the one and the only Maria Hill. She let out a groan before saying, "that thing was squeezing my brain." She then made eye contact with Sam and looked at Steve. "Who is this guy?"