six

|alissa|

"hinsley!"

i turned, watching montgomery as he caught up to me, wrapping one of his arms around my shoulders.

we approached bryce, zach, and justin, and i shrugged his arm off of me, noticing bryce's eyes trained on me, clearly unhappy.

i took a sip from my water bottle, cringing as the liquid hit my throat. i definitely made the right choice in snagging the bottle of grey goose.

"damn, the water taste that bad?" monty laughed at my reaction.

"not water," i shrugged. i took another sip, watching as all three boys looked at me, their eyebrows raised. i held the bottle out to monty, who gladly snatched it and took a sip, producing a reaction similar to mine.

"shit, it's not even nine in the morning," justin shook his head, grabbing the bottle and tilting his head back, taking a small sip.

i shrugged again, smirking.

sure, alcohol wasn't the best coping mechanism- especially at school- but it got the job done. it pushed the memories out of my head. it made me brave. when i looked at bryce through the eyes of the alcohol, i didn't see a rapist. i saw my loving boyfriend who always gave the best sex and kept a smile on my face.

but that's not who he was.

no matter how many times i told myself that, bryce would still be a rapist.

|edited 03/02/2020|