seventeen

|alissa|

zach was the first thing that crossed my mind as i opened my eyes the next morning.

"i love you, alissa hinsley."

five simple words, yet the emotions they brought to the surface were surreal.

i stayed silent, looking at him in disbelief.

"fuck, i shouldn't have said that, i'm-"

he got so flustered, rambling on that he was stupid and that he should've just been quiet. though, i thought the exact opposite.

"i love you too, zach."

my smile spread from ear to ear as i crawled out of bed and stretched. as i felt the cool air, i pulled zach's letterman- which i still hadn't given back to him- over my shoulders. it was the warmest jacket i'd ever worn, and i now understood why athletes never took them off.

i didn't have anything to do that day, and was mainly waiting on zach to get out of school so he could come over. we'd planned on a movie night, eating junk food and watching our favorite movies as we cuddled up in my bed.

-

the day ticked by slower than i would've liked for it to, and it seemed like i was on my hundredth episode of the office.

i let out a groan as someone knocked on the door, standing from my spot and pausing netflix.

i stumbled backwards as i opened the door to the face of bryce walker. he had an intimidating glare on his face, and i could tell from the glossiness of his eyes that he wasn't sober.

"what are you doing here?" i asked, stumbling over my words. he invited himself inside, closing the door behind him. i backed away, terrified.

"i came to see you, baby," he slurred. he had a soft smile on his face, though i knew it was fake, and his intentions were far from good.

"don't call me that," my voice shook as i spoke. he took a step towards me and i watched as his face hardened. he backed me against the wall, pinning me there without even touching me. i was too petrified to move.

"i'm almost done with my community service," he said, his glare causing my cheeks to heat up.

"congrats," i said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. i managed to find an ounce of confidence within me, though it was quickly washed away as bryce's hand wrapped around my throat, pushing me further into the wall and cutting off airflow. my hands instinctively wrapped around his and i dug my nails in, silently begging him to let go.

"you stupid bitch," he spat, pressing harder, "if you would've kept that pretty little mouth shut then i would've gotten away with it."

tears burned my eyes and i tried to speak- to get anything out of my mouth- but i couldn't. i was helpless.

he grabbed between my legs harshly, and i winced, squeezing my eyes shut as i cried more. i knew what was coming- it'd happened before.

it never came, though, and i began feeling lightheaded. just as i felt my head beginning to fall forward, i fell to the ground. black spots coated my line of sight as i tried to focus on bryce's feet in front of me.

"as if zach would want you now," bryce scoffed, leaning down to me, "i've already used you up."

i watched as he walked away, slamming my front door behind him.

|edited 03/10/2020|