eighteen

|alissa|

"yeah?" i called, expecting my mom or dad to open my bedroom door. i was surprised to see zach, a cheeky smile on his face and a bag of snacks in one of his hands.

"your mom let me in," he grinned as he spoke, coming into my room and leaving the door cracked.

"hi," i smiled back, and he leaned down to leave a kiss on my cheek.

"i got some skittles, and some popcorn, and some m&m's," he listed off, pulling things from the shopping bag. he got into my bed, settling himself back against the pillows.

i laid next to him, keeping my distance, and opened netflix.

as we both agreed on a movie, his hand met my waist and i winced, pulling away slightly so his hand would fall to my bed. he didn't say anything and we continued watching the movie.

after a half an hour or so, i felt him shift his weight and move so his back was pressed to my front. i immediately moved away, creating a gap between us.

"what's wrong, lissa?" he asked, taking the remote from me and pausing it.

"nothing," i responded. i took the remote back and pressed play, though he quickly repeated his actions from before.

"something is. talk to me, love." he was sitting up now, and i turned to face him.

"everything's fine, zach," i assured him. i sat up as well, flipping my hair behind my shoulders. he immediately pulled his eyebrows together, his hand finding its way to my neck which was now sore.

"what the fuck is this?" he asked, his thumb rubbing over what i assumed was a bruise.

"nothing," i sighed. i tried to turn away and back to the movie, but he stopped me.

"who did this, alissa?" his tone was more serious now, and he grabbed one of my hands in his.

"no one..." i shrugged, looking down at my lap to avoid his gaze.

"alissa, don't lie to me."

"i'm not-"

"yes you are," he interrupted, "who was it?"

"bryce," i whispered, pulling my bottom lip between my teeth.

"oh my god," zach stood from the bed. "did he hurt you? what did he do? i swear to god-"

"he didn't hurt me," i cut off his rambling, grabbing his hand for reassurance. "it's not a big deal."

"yes it is!" he raised his voice, slipping his shoes on, "i'm gonna fucking kill him, i swear to god. he's dead," he continued to ramble.

"zach, it's fine," i told him, pulling his hand and urging him back into bed with me. he snatched his arm away, taking his keys from my bedside table.

"bryce walker is a dead man," he threatened, shaking his head angrily as he left my room.

i followed him, practically running down the stairs to keep up with him. "zach, wait," i called behind him, but he had no intention of stopping.

he walked through the front door before i could catch up to him, and i was left at the bottom of the steps, dumbfounded.

|edited 03/11/2020|