nineteen

|zach|

anger consumed me as my fist pounded against the front door of the walker residence.

as soon as bryce opened the door, my right hand balled into a fist before coming in contact with his left eye.

"what the fuck, za-"

"you fucking piece of shit!" i yelled, cutting him off mid-sentence. i shoved him backwards, and he stumbled a bit before catching his balance.

"you need to calm the fuck down," he scoffed, remaining indifferent.

i was fuming. all i could think about was how angry alissa was when bryce received a fine and a little community service. he deserved so much more than that- but it's amazing what daddy's money could do for a spoiled piece of shit like bryce walker.

"you're a pussy, bryce," i spat. i stepped forwards, not scared of him in the slightest.

"oh, okay," he laughed, taking a drink from the glass of whiskey on his counter.

i knocked it out of his hand, still seeing red as i looked at him. he watched me, waiting to see what my next move would be.

"if you ever," i bent down, putting myself at eye level with him, "and i mean ever, come near her again, i swear to god you'll have more than a black eye."

he raised his eyebrows, watching as i clenched and unclenched my jaw. "and a broken nose," i added, throwing a punch and landing it in the center of his face.

i left without another word.

-

alissa practically snuck me in, not wanting her mom to see my bloodied knuckles and ask any questions. i followed her upstairs and into her bathroom, where she pulled herself onto the counter and sat, facing me.

"you're so stupid," she sighed, turning on the hot water and allowing it to heat up.

"i was defending you," i said.

she wet a washcloth under the water, squeezing it out so it was left only damp. "i didn't ask you to do that."

"i know, i did it bec- ah, fuck," i hissed, pulling my hand away from her as she pressed the warm washcloth against it. she pulled it back to her, using a gentler touch this time. "i did it because i care about you, and because bryce is a piece of shit," i finished.

she didn't say anything in response.

"thank you for defending my honor," she finally spoke up, smirking as she talked, "but don't ever do it again." she jumped down from the counter, rolling her eyes as she did so.

"yes ma'am," i replied, mimicking the smirk she wore on her face.

|edited 03/11/2020|