eight

|two days later|

|alissa|

"four dollars and twenty-eight cents, please."

i took the bills and coins from my wallet, handing exact change to the man behind the counter before grabbing the drink and candy from the counter. "thank you," i smiled, earning a smile back as i walked towards the door.

i nearly fell on my ass as i bumped into a figure that was larger than me, and immediately let out a string of "i'm sorry"s, before noticing monty staring down at me with the same cheeky smile i'd grown accustomed to.

"alissa hinsley, stunning as always," he looked my up and down, and i rolled my eyes playfully, smacking his arm. "and you're out all alone," he wriggled his eyebrows, and i laughed.

"bryce is 'round back," i said, my smile quickly fading.

i thought back to zach and i's conversation, remembering that he's said bryce told him, justin and monty. although montgomery de la cruz has been one of my best friends since the beginning of high school, i knew he'd been friends with bryce since birth.

so regardless of what bryce did to me, he'd always side with bryce.

"what a shame, thought i'd get to take you home with me," he shrugged.

"shut up, montgomery," i turned my head, met with bryce who approached us, wrapping a protective arm around my shoulder. i nearly flinched away.

"i'm just messing," monty held his hands up in defense. "but hey, i'll catch you two at the party tonight?"

"definitely," bryce said, dapping monty up before turning both of us around, pulling me towards his car.

"there's a party tonight?" i turned to him as we settled into the seats and he started it up, pulling out of the parking lot.

he nodded, not replying.

-

i found myself reluctantly getting ready that night.

i didn't really want to go out, but of course bryce needed his arm candy. so i got dressed, put on some makeup, and fixed my hair.

it seemed like most of the invitees had arrived before us, as the house was already packed and you had to push your way through the crowd. bryce and i quickly lost each other, and i caught up with hannah and jessica.

"it's crowded!" i yelled over the music, watching as jess poured two shots, knowing that hannah would refuse.

"i know! shit's crazy!" jess yelled in response, laughing, "drink?"

i took the shot, downing it quickly and pouring another.

i felt hands snake around my waist and turned around, expecting to be met with bryce. instead, i found myself looking into monty's eyes, which were bloodshot and glossy. he'd been smoking.

"bryce told me to give you this," he slurred, passing a solo cup to me.

i pulled out of his grip, sniffing the cup before taking a sip. some kind of mixed drink, with vodka outshining whatever fruit juice was mixed with it. i finished the cup, laughing as monty and i danced together.

my vision blurred slightly and i held onto montgomery to keep myself from falling. "think i had too much," i giggled, steadying myself as the room spun.

"let's get out of here," bryce's voice could be heard from behind me, and i let go of monty, immediately reaching for bryce who helped to hold me steady. i followed him, willingly, as he led me up the stairs and into a bedroom.

it was plainly decorated, and i assumed it was the guest room of monty's house. he shut the door behind us, immediately bending down to my lips and kissing me- softly at first, and then harder.

i fell back onto the bed and bryce crawled on top of me, pinning me down. he reached for my jeans, and i immediately knew i didn't want this. i didn't want bryce to touch me, or use me, or rape me.

but i was far too intoxicated to fight him.

|edited 03/04/2020|