Chapter 20-Unexpected and Unforgettable (Part 2)

Two hours later Liv is just waking up from the anesthetics...

Olivia-(in hospital bed) Mmmm.... Ughhhhh...

Cam'ron-Doc, she's waking up.

Doctor-(comes in the room) Olivia? Can you hear me?

O-Where am I?

D-You're at St. Michael's Hospital. You were experiencing bad pain in your back and abdomen.

O-Am I ok?

D-Yes... But ummm. Unfortanately, we ran a few tests and found that one of your babies has now been diagnosed with Toxoplasmosis.

O-What the hell is that?

D-It's spread by a tiny common parasite from animals and can be easily spread to humans by eating undercooked meat. While even a mother may remain un-effected. The parasite can easily move on to another closer link. In this case being, the baby.

O-(in shock) No... What's gonna happen to her???

D-Well some of the effects include stillbirth, premature delivery, and physical devastating effects. BUT because we found no problems with those symptoms.  The baby is still at risk to problems later in life such as mental retardation.

O-What?!!!!!

D-But. Because this case is so mild the most that will happen are some eye disorders.

O-Eye disorders like what???? Like being blind or just wearing glasses????

D-We don't know yet. When the babies are born. We'll test her health like any other baby. And then in about 2 weeks time after birth, when her vision has regulated to color. We'll test her eyes.

O-Ok... But why was I bleeding down there? I thought I was having a miscarriage

D- Well, while it is relatively common for miscarriages of only one twin. That's usually in only the first 6 weeks. The bleeding and pain was just the baby's way and your body's way of telling us something was wrong.

O-But everythings ok now?

D-Everything's ok now

O-And my other baby? Kylee's ok???

D-Yes, throughout this entire episode. The other baby remained at a steady heart rate. They should both continue to grow and thrive.

O-Oh thank God they're ok

D-ALright you two can go home now. I'll just get this needle out of you Olivia.

At Cam'rons house...

Olivia-Umm babe, who are these people in the kitchen??? (pic on the right)

Cam'ron-Oh my god! Mom? Dad? What are you doing here?!

Cam's mom- We live here. Come give momma a kiss eh.

C-(kisses his mother on the cheek and hugs his dad then turns to Liv) Uh, babe, these are my parents.

O-Oh, hi. It's so nice to finally meet you.

CM-(hugs Liv) Hi dear. So you're the girl my son just can't stop talking about, it's good to meet you too. I'm Ronetta. 

Cam'rons Dad- (hugs Liv) Hi! I'm Christian. You must be Olivia. (puts his hand on her belly) And these must be our grandbabies (smiling hard)

O-(laughs a little) Yea. Would you like to see sonogram pictures?

CM-No need. Cam'ron sends them all to us. After every appointment

 O-Aww, that's nice

CD-Come on son. We're only here for two days. Let's go play some football in the backyard(leaves with Cam)