16

8 o'clock soon came around. Quicker than i originally wanted. After I spent most of the day shopping online I decided to get dressed and wait for Zack to pick me up.

I honestly don't know how tonight is going to plan out, would I be able to just live in the fact that he needs to be there for his long-time friend who just happens to be really needy.

I don't know.

Building up the courage I made my way to the door when I heard the sound of a car pulling up. I looked out the window and saw a sleek Mercedes Benz parked out.

At the look on his face, I didn't think he expected me to be opening the door so quickly after him arriving however I just smiled and let him lead the way.

I have to admit it was slightly awkward as we drove to the restaurant but I knew I would start something if I opened my mouth.

I need to get some food into my system.

"right this way Mr Johnson," the waiter says heading towards the other side of the restaurant. I followed him as Zach stood behind me indicating me to go ahead.

As soon as we were seated Zach ordered a bottle of wine for us. I told him I would need more time to look at the menu.

"what would you suggest?" I asked the waiter as I scanned the menu. I wasn't quite sure what to order there was this prawn Alfredo pasta that caught my eye but I wasn't too sure.

"we have a long history of having the freshest and delicious mussels. You could get that in the side of one of the main dishes" he says leaning in to scan the menu with me.

I nod my head snapping the menu shut. "great choice miss, and for you sir" he asks turning to Zach who was staring impatiently at me.

Oops.

Zach soon ordered his meal before turning to me with a hard gaze.

"are you finished flirting with him," he says placing his hand on the table fiddling with the cloth. Flirting, that was hardly flirting really.

"just about" I cringe. Why did I even say that right now?

I felt regret rise within me.

"I'm sorry I've ditched you this week Gen but how could I just ignore it when my old friends come and they need me" didn't he think that I would need him too. He can't just go around getting me in some hot heated feelings, kissing me now and again and just leave me.

I sealed my lips when our food arrived. I needed to take a drink.

"do they need you all day for the last week Zach. Look I know having your friends here is exciting but you have to understand where I'm coming from. You didn't just abandon me, I honestly believe Karly is only nice to me right now because you're ignoring her" I hate to bring Karly into this.

But I'm sure she'll get over it.

I could see that he was regretful. He should be.

"what is she to you, an old fling, childhood sweetheart" I'm going for the latter.

An emotion flashed in his eyes that only proved what I originally thought in the first place.

"it's okay, Zach I respect that. You can't ignore those types of feelings. I just wish you were straight up with me" I say twirling my fork around in the pasta

A moment of silence was all I needed to really register what information I now know.

"I didn't know, fuck I still don't know what I feel." He ran his fingers through his hair clearly frustrated and not in a good way either.