32

Zach's Mom POV

"Honey, she is here"

I look up to see my husband standing in the entrance to our joint office with his glasses covering his eyes and coffee in hand.

I sighed but placed my phone down on the table and followed him to meet her.

Last night i got a message from Zach's girlfriend. I was surprised she had the nerve to message me but Thomas, my husband forced me to at least listen to what she had to say.

Somehow she said it was too important that she needed to meet us directly.

" be nice, she cares for Zach too" he says taking hold of my hand.

I said nothing as i followed him.

Imogen stood in the hallway. Her style was casual its like she hadn't even tried to make a good impression. Her clothes were baggy and dark. Why did my son have to choose this type of girl.

My eyes softened only a little bit when she turned to face us. Her whole face looked exhausted like she hadnt had barely any sleep.

My words were stuck in my throat when i got a good look at her.

Please tell me my eyes are decieving me.

Pregnant?

" oh dear please sit down I'll grab you a drink" Thomas practically ran out of here not even waiting for an answer. He saw what I saw.

She smiled weakly and sat down on the sofa that was the furthest away from me. That hurt a little. But i guess i deserved it for the way i have been treating her.

Thomas finally arrived with our drinks.

He sighed dramatically when he realised i didn't even attempt to make small talk. Please. There is nothing we could have possibly said to make small talk.

Oh hey imogen, hows the job as a servant going, no thank you.

" Thank you, uh i wont waste your time but i've come here to talk about Zach" she spoke first.

Seriously, she cant even speak properly. What is it with the youth putting "um" infront of everything.

" Come to say you've given up on him already, and you call yourself wife material" i say staring at her with straight eyes.

Zach praises the floor she walks on but she cant even deal with the slightest bit of stress.

I felt Thomas pinch my arm.

She coughs quietly. " No thats not why. I came to actually tell you that we know Zach is alive and we have information about where he is"

Wait what.

I must have heard her wrong.

"What did you just say" i raised my voice at her.

" Zach, your son he is okay" she said slowly and loudly.

Thomas grabbed my hand giving it a squeeze.

"Well where is he, why isnt my son sitting her and not you" i shouted at her, she is really testing my patience here.

She ignored my outburst and continued talking.

" well thats the thing. He doesn't want to come back home, not yet." she finishes off. She laid a pile of papers down onto the table infront of us.

" I need your help Mrs johnson"

Imogen POV

I sat opposite Zach's parents, nervous at how they would react. Angela hasnt really given me a break since i stepped in here today. Doesnt she know how hard this is for me.