19

I balanced the drinks on my tray and headed over to the section. I spotted Zach instantly, he was talking quietly with two men probably about business stuff, the kind of conversations that I would know nothing about. I bent over and placed the drinks down on the table.

One of the men looked up at me and I offered him a small smile. "Thank you dear," he said before getting back to his conversation. I decided that I would talk to Zach later knowing that this could be very vital for a deal.

I made my way back to the bar and continued my shift, by the time it was coming to the end of the night the men were still talking but making their way out of the bar. Zach spared no glance my way. I tried not to be too affected by it but at the same time, it did bother me.

"long night?" I smiled "you could say that" Cameron continued to clear up the bar as I sat down on a stall just staring off into space.

I waited for the end of my shift. I wasn't sure when, but I find myself closing my eyes just for a few minutes.

Zachary POV

"Come by the office any time gentlemen" I said to as I waved them off as they got into their cars and left the club. I breathed in the nights air before turning around and heading back inside.

This meeting went on for longer than I expected. I had thought I missed Gen but to my surprise I found her dozing off at the bar with cam cleaning up. he kept stealing glances her way and laughing to himself as she would lose her position.

"here's her coat" he said handing me a small leather jacket as I walked up to the bar. I nodded at him; I appreciate him looking out for her.

I wrapped the coat around her shoulders and bent down and lifted her up in my arms. she instantly snuggled into my arms pressing her head to my neck.

"Zach" she whispered her eyes opening. "shh, just rest let's go home" I said as I left the club. I pulled my keys out of my pocket and unlocked the car. I placed her in the back seat before getting into the car.

"Take me to yours Zach, I haven't washed my sheets yet" she said her eyes still closed. I smiled silently and took a U-turn and headed to my place.

I'm sure she would approve of my clean king size bed sheets. I don't know if she was aware of what she was saying but none the less who was I too object.

By the time I got to my place Gen was more awake. She rubbed her eyes from the hour-long nap. Her eyes widened when she noticed where we were.

"is this your place, why did you take me here" she asked as she stepped out of the car and straight into my arms. I liked that she was comfortable with me. loved it actually.

"you haven't changed you bed sheets yet gen, but I have" I said as I took her hand and pulled her inside.

She stared at me for a few seconds before letting out a monster of a laugh, her hands flying to her mouth as she laughed hard and recklessly.

"thank fuck for that then" she said as she slipped the jacket from her shoulders and removed her shoes. I just watched her with interest.

Was she still tired.

"come here" I said to her as I walked over to my sofa. She slowly joined me and straddled my hips.

"I'm sorry I couldn't speak to you much tonight" I did feel honestly terrible, she looked exhausted and I think I was the cause of that.

She shook her head "I was working anyway; I couldn't have stayed for long anyway" she said her fingers tracing my arms. I brought my hand up to hold her chin. "you're tired, c'mon let's go to bed" she weakly nodded and stood up. I grabbed her bag and pulled her to my room.