25

I sat quietly on my sofa watching the video on my phone. I had pushed the whole idea of Zach's mom to the back of my head not wanting to even let it bother me. I ended up working every single night.

Zach's mom had joined her family for a special event where she answered some questions.

Her, Zach and his sister all sat on a white sofa as they were asked some questions. They went onto discuss Zach's past love life which was the focal point for this video.

"He was just enjoying himself I can't blame him for doing that" She spoke into the camera.

I watched Zach slightly fidget in his chair.

"so how do you feel about his new relationship?" My eyes closed briefly.

"I don't think I have an opinion yet; I want him to settle down obviously, but I might be waiting a long time before that" my eyes snapped open.

What did that even mean?

Amy flickered over to Zach, I watched his sister grab onto his hand as you could see the anger radiating off him.

He reluctantly sat back and but on a smile for the camera.

I couldn't even watch it anymore. I closed the app and threw it onto the sofa. She knew exactly what she was doing when she said that. Implying that Zach was not serious about me and he wouldn't settle down yet.

I wasn't going to get angry at Zach even though he didn't defend himself I knew that making ascend would not benefit him or his brand. It didn't mean that I wasn't pissed though.

I ended up texting my boss asking for a shift tonight. The reason I liked work was because there was never a dull moment, I didn't have any time to sit back and think about anything I had to make sure I was serving every customer.

I ran around my room grabbing my work clothes and getting ready for another long night.

I barely made it to my car when my phone vibrated in my pocket.

I'm so pissed she did that, I'm sorry baby x

I stared at the phone before typing a quick reply.

It's fine, I'm working tonight see you tomorrow

I knew that it was not fine, but I had no energy to go into it. It was hard over the last few days speaking with my parents. They were parsing Zach for the way he acted around the family and our friends.

Not a single foot wrong, but I had a funny feeling that was all going to change.

"More lemon juice Gen" Cameron shouted to me as he ran down the bar grabbing more glasses. The bar was truly packed tonight and we had one less bartender.

I ran to the back-grabbing bottles of lemon juice and heading back to the bar. I was glad that I was able to distract myself from all this stress.

That was until I spotted a familiar face enter. Walking in with her girls was no other than Dani. She kind of went into hiding after everything happened so it was strange seeing her walk in. When she joined the bar, my eyes were locked onto the sparkling diamond on her finger.

"my love life is clearly better than yours at the minute" she spoke without even greeting me first. She could see that I was staring at it.

It's not really something you can miss.

"congrats" I mumbled not liking how she brought it up.

She moved her eyes down to her finger, I saw her smile as she stared at it.