18

"Ade keep up" I shouted behind me as we walked upto Karly's apartment. I was in charge of bringing the drinks for her birthday and I enlisted in the help of Ade since he offered.

But I also think he misinterpreted how much I was bringing.

" How are you carrying all that, these vodka bottles aren't even the normal size" he moaned as he struggled to carry the boxes we took from his car.

"because they're limited edition now hurry up, Karly has a short temper" I quickly made it up the steps and passed the lobby, I had been helping all morning so they didn't need to check with me they just let me up.

" like I don't know that already" Ade mumbled slipping into the elevator. He dropped the boxes down onto the floor.

I stared at it. He followed my gaze and sighed knocking his head back against the wall. " I didn't really think about how I was going pick them back up again" he groaned just staring at he boxes. I smiled amused at him.

Thankfully the lift to her floor opened and waiting on the other side of the door was none other than Zach.

" oh brilliant, help Ade out with the boxes" I slipped out the elevator brushing past Zach and headed straight for Karly's apartment. Since Zach left me at my door all hot and bothered I have been keeping my distance.

It hasn't been that difficult since we both are working a lot and don't really bump into each other except when he comes into he club but I normally clock off before he gets the chance.

The moment I entered her apartment she came skating around with her flowy little dress on and her hair in a sleek high ponytail.

"Gen, it's about time you got here. How am I supposed to have a party without my drinks" She grabbed a box from my arms and went straight for the kitchen. I followed her in silently. I felt the whole kitchen turn to look at me.

"everyone meet Gen, gen meet my hometown friends" she pointed at them and they kindly set me a wave but I could see that they were analysing me, trying to figure me out.

"Hey, nice to meet you all" I said nicely, at least I remembered to bring my manners tonight.

"likewise, Karly has been dying to bring you over. I would go as far as saying she's in love with you" one of the girls said, she had jet black hair that could go on forever. I wondered if it was natural or extensions.

" don't embarrass me Charlie" Karly groaned opening my first bottle of gin that I brought over.

" Gen, where do you want these" Zach said loudly as he walked inside. I don't think he was prepared for the amount of girls in the kitchen.

"just on the table, thanks" I said as i turned back to help and open the bottles for Karly. I felt him brush his shoulder with mine as he placed them down. I tried not to be too affected.

He simply walked out the kitchen without another word.

Before I could open another box Karly slammed her manicured nails down onto the box preventing me from opening it. " what the hell was that, aren't you two back to normal now" I scoffed peeling her fingers away.

" do they normally eye fuck eachother or" one of the girls commented a secret smile across her face.

Karly grinned at her as she leaned over the table" that's pretty normal for these two" I hit her playfully.

" he left me sexually frustrated at my door Karly, so for that I'm not speaking to him" I said to her.

It took her a few minutes before she was tilting her head back and laughing hysterically. I mumbled insults under my breath as I left the kitchen.