Chapter 1

Assalam-O-Alaikum!
Those who haven't prayed, pls pray your salah first. :)
Those who haven't finished their homeworks/assignment be a good kid and do it first  ;)
Make sure your mom/dad is not calling out for you! :D

Diljah

" Humble & down to earth. That's the word you can suggest to refer her. Yes, my fellows, this is the girl I'd like to dedicate my award to and that's not because she simply let her game lose to save me, not because she is my friend,but because she proved me what many couldn't while asking me to stay calm while she herself took the hurt in saving my injured foot by getting herself a sprain.
I might've won this competition, but I want you all to appreciate and take into consideration the fact that I'm moved... I'm moved greatly by this gesture of hers...
This competition was not only a competition for me, but was a source of bringing happiness and enlightenment to see our dreams come true.This competition, as you all know had been practiced upon for long enough and now when the day finally arrived she just let go of her tiresome weeks of indulging into this game. I've seen her all in while, the glint in her eyes whenever it was referred about the Olympics'18, her chuckles when discussing her sessions with us mates, and other stuff. Durre, I'm sorry buddy I couldn't keep your secret a secret anymore. You definitely deserve applause. "

The Audience stood in awe and amazement, everyone's gaze was redirected towards Durre who was standing few inches away from me at the stage. Another thing about her was that she was a staunch believer of her practices, of the religion she followed and reflected much - wearing a headscarf while sporting for a vigorous activity or even thinking about it seems too weird for me.I was a Christian, and though we never shared mutual interests in our cultures but we did in being friends.

' Diljah... Why did you pull this all?? I said it was okay, afterall what are friends for! This isn't fair, now I'll have to face so many pairs of eyes boring holes through me plus give some *OhBlessMyGreatSoul* remarks '

She was literally cringing for coming forward and just say a few not so *OhBlessMyGreatSoul* remarks and just leave. As simple as it is.

' Assalam-U-Alaikum-Warahmatullahi-Wabarakatuh everyone! As you all got to know about my sprain, and whatever Diljah said is partly true and partly not. I did help her because her foot was injured, and secondly I knew how important it was for her to win this competition to get qualified for the international championship.
Umm.. So that's it.. You don't need to put an invisible crown on my head, because I'm already a princess '

Turning aside towards me she winked and then got down the rostrum, making her way through the crowd amidst the deafening praises she recieved by the host's high pitched voice and the background drum rolls music.

After the end of award ceremony, as per the usual weekend schedule we had planned, we went ahead to our 'meeting point ' in the nearest Dunkin Donuts, that was adjacent to our school and so it was not much problem. Being 10th graders our moms were strict but as Maarij and Durre were neighbors, and my mom usually tagged along so we had a lil friend's time. But today we were returning from the school directly, so we were only friends!

In our household, it was common to have the girl 'set' for someone before she dares to find herself one and so I had to discuss this with them as the thought had been intruding my now and then, consecutively, every now and then!