Chapter 30

Ahh, it made me tired writing this chapter. Longer than I usually write. Well, I need votes and comments. SILENT READERS PLS😏

Durre:

Lying down lazily in bed all day, I was literally tired. Though it was just my second trimester started, Saaleh treated me as if I was about to deliver anytime!

Sounded awkward , right? Yes it was! And today he had finally allowed me to get out of the bed, as he was taking me out to a park.

My back ache had got more terrible, and it was difficult for me to perform daily chores. Most of the time my feet were sore, I felt them numb. He hardly found any time for me these days as it got all the more busier for him, but at night he would make out for me by first helping me to set out the dinner and then he washed the dishes, warmed a tub of water with a pinch of salt for me and asked me to keep my feet immersed in them and after that he even used to massage my feet by placing it on his lap. He pampered me a lot and I felt blessed to be a wife of such a caring and God-fearing husband. He would wrap me in his arms, and whenever I moaned in pain due to my body aches getting worse, he too would get up,held my hand assuringly sporting an expression of pain on his face and would do his best to soothe me. He recited Surah Rahman in his tranquil voice which helped me a lot and that was good for the baby too.Yesternight he had promised me that he would be taking me to the park, taking a day's leave off from work and would spend whole time with me. He was very considerate. There was no doubt in it, that he was making me fall in love with him deeper than ever and even he did his best to make me forget my past.

My eyes were glued to the wallclock that still irritated me as much time was left to go. Despite of saying that he'd spent the day with me, an urgent call had demanded him to be there at hospital to operate a young boy. I was deciding whether I should call him or not as that might disturb him though I knew he kept his phone on silent during work hours, when I got a call from Ma'arij.

" Assalam o Alaikum my dear friend!! You know I've something great to tell you. "

Ma'arijs shrill voice resonated through the phone speaker,the excitement and cheerfulness in her voice narrated that her enthusiasm was of really great importance, maybe she was pregnant? Wow! I was getting impatient to hear. If that's so, we could possibly go for baby shopping together!

' Walaikum Assalam . Wow, just tell me don't keep me at a cliffhanger . What is it, are you pregnant? '

I was too silly I guess, or was that the hormones playing? Everything these days had turned either too sweet for me or too bitter, there was no plain stuff.

" Ya Allah! No! Why is everything for a married couple have to do with hearing always 'Are you expecting' 'Are you pregnant yet' 'When are you going to have your first kid' ? It's so annoying, arghh "

I suppressed my giggle by placing a hand on my mouth , really I swear it wasn't me... The baby inside me was doing this. All because of it.

' Uhmm okay sorry , proceed? '

I got embarrassed because of you 'baby inside' , ahh. Keeping a hand on my belly, I whispered to it. Even it might be thinking what a silly mom I was!

" Me and Mehmood are going to umrah! And that too for honeymoon ! Isn't that so special?? Just imagine, the rewards of getting to pray together and also the spiritual bliss we would be sharing. Alhamdulillah. The love that would be so serene.. "

' Oh wow Ma sha Allah. I thought you were... '

I bit my tongue before it further embarassed me, and jumped to switch the topic soon.

" When are we gonna meet then? I wish Khadijah was here too. "

' Forget about that Khadijah, okay I'll ask Mehmood about it. When are you going for baby shopping ? I'd love to accompany you! '