Chapter 20

Assalam.o.Alaikum!
Why is the story not getting much reads I wonder. Am I bad at writing?
Can't you people make a writer happy by appreciating their work,their efforts? :(
You could do the most by sharing the story, putting a vote or even commenting.

Durre:

When we heard about the sad demise of Khadijah's mother, I tried being as close to her as possible. She had encapsulated herself as if culpable for the sudden accidental death aunty faced. And as for me and Ma'arij, she had later disclosed that it was all a part of her pulling my leg and that she didn't intend to disown her own best friend during her wedding, only I had thought the other way around.

Sipping on the cold coffee, I calculated on my fingers exactly how many days were left  of my spinsterhood . One, two, three, and that's it. Our wedding was in a time of just three days now! Just three little freaking days!!

Yellow paste of ubtan/haldi was applied everywhere on my body except the secret parts, lol, I was wearing a white simple shalwar qamees with a beautiful embroidered floral designs on a bright yellow dupatta which was resting on my head and secured by many bobby pins. Yellow flowers were my ornaments, though I hated it's smell but that was again a ritual to be performed so I had no excuse nor any escape.

I reminisced on all the moments I had spent in my home, all the sweet memories and some heartbreaking ones too... I knew my father that he loved me a lot, and for sure I was going to miss his shoutings and scoldings just for no reason. It was like a habit of him,but I knew that it was for my own good. He used to ask me to pray on time though I was habitual on prayers but sometimes laziness took best hold of me and I delayed my prayers so that were the times when he shouted at me, He shouted at me whenever I left my room untidy after waking up and not assorting the bed properly removing the creases from bedsheet and leaving my stuff around the room here and there. And my mother as every other desi mother used to scold me whenever I made excuses not to wash dishes or do the laundry or any house chores .

I was for sure going to miss it all.

The little petty fights between us siblings, I had two younger brothers but they always acted as if they were my elder brothers. We fought, we played, we cried we laughed. Anything which was supposed to be bought for me had also all due rights to be bought for them and they always preached equality in front of my parents so that they always get the equal share of whatever I get. So I just joked around them yesterday that I am getting married now so they should also get married and both of them made disgusting faces saying that they had " many important tasks " to finish off before getting roped up with someone and that made me laugh very hard.

The way my younger brother made fun of me whenever I used hand gestures while speaking, the way he resembled so much to me in everything , the way we fought taking sides of each other and letting the other one be alone, the way we created and played different games like bhoot room(ghost room) and statue etc. I was going to miss them. A single drop of tear left my eye and it moved it's way from the covering of yellow paste until it settled at my chin.

The way we had used funny names for each other, and the way we united together whenever we had to demand something from abbu and whenever I cried he laughed and he cried I laughed. Oh Allah...

But again the memories were always positive and negative. It was now the turn of negative memories to play in front of ny eyes as if all was playing live.

Her: Do you think this colour would suit on me?

Him: Umm, nopes.

Her: Why?