Chapter 31

Assalam-o-Alaikum and hello everyone!
Enjoy another update until Idk when lol.
Consider it as your eid gift ;) ♥

Eid Mubarak, Taqaball Allahu Minna Wa Minkum!

Khadijah:

It had been two days since I reached here. It was hard, very hard infact coping up with my emotions, with loneliness , with no friends. But the cause for which I decided to come here was really all worth it.

Sighing exasperatedly , I moved tardily towards the wadhu area to perform wadhu. It was soon going to be the time for my classes.

Here in Islamic university, I felt that what I lacked would be found soon. I tied my hijab securely around my head, and walked towards the university premises. I stayed in a hostel which was not that far away from the university ,infact it was merged with the same building the university was constructed .

There were no boys here but still I liked taking my hijab, as it was now a habit for me and even a minute without it I would feel exposed, if I were in front of anyone else other than in my presence alone. That might sound funny but it was as it was.

Assalam-o-Alaikum-Warahmatullahi-Wabarakatuhu everyone!

How are you all feeling today? And what about yesterday's lesson, how many of you have revised and learned it?

The Mua'alima entered our lecture hall, and ran an overall glance across the room, adjusting her thick glasses set on her nose she smiled towards a group of few students and then took her seat.

The hall echoed with a warm, enthusiastic and eager response to her salaam and I too joined with the rest of the students, smiling gratefully that I was surrounded in a better environment than before.

I guess those were the good students , need to catch with them soon. Thinking of the front benchers I thought,because I needed to acquire more knowledge of Islam, I am just a revert and ...

Voicing my thoughts, the mua'alima once again introduced me in her polite way of talk to the new colleagues which now looked interestingly at her.The environment here in this university,specially of my class was Alhamdulillah supernal.Everyone here was friendly and cooperative.

Students, as some of you have joined us today after enjoying two extra days of your vacations I am happy to tell you all that here in this batch we have a recent revert who has joined us from Karachi, her name is Khadijah. Khadijah dear, would you like to introduce yourself again?

She was looking towards me hoping for an answer and I acknowledged it by simply nodding my head. Reservedly , I took small steps towards the rostrum and released a breath I had been holding since my name was called out. I had no public anxiety , but still... Umm, it was weird for me to talk here among all people of deen being a revert muslimah and still I was not familiar with any of the girls. I surely had to make friends.Hesitating for a while,I tried searching for good words to commence my speech. lol,not exactly a speech but uh..

" Assalam.o.Alaikum all of you! I am Khadijah, and yes I am a revert. Alhamdulillah I found Islam to be a true religion , and found in it what I was seeking. I hope we will all make good acquaintances."

Everyone muttered their responses and few began chattering among themselves.Many eyes were glued at me and I was feeling self-conscious again.To lessen my reservational shyness the front benchers smiled with an open heart towards me. One of the girls asked me to come and sit beside them, I happily accepted their request as I wanted to have friends too! They all were elder than me and I was the only youngest one enrolled in this programme.