Chapter 24

Assalam.o.Alaikum and hello buddies!
I am back again, actually i felt too bad for you lovely people who supported this book atleast this far and it's really a lot for me.
As I had said, I was going through some bad times and so couldn't focus on writing but now I'm back. In sha Allah, I'll do the updates more often! :)
Pls vote and comment, but don't forget to pray on time!

Ma'arij:

It was my second day with him, and he had already booked the tickets so we were flying back to America alongwith his brother Dr.Saaleh. So that meant, Durre shehwar would be accompanying too! And I was more than happy for that , that atleast I won't be distanced from my sweet friend.

We had visited my parent's home and bid adieu to them , after a lot of tears and receiving blessings . We had our flight at 9:00 pm and before that Dr.Saaleh wanted to spend as much time as he could with his grandmother so now we were sitting in her home. Still 3 hours to go, I was in a room where Durre shehwar was also with me as both the boys ... I mean , men were with dadi(grandmother).

Durre shehwar was acting weird, as if she was hiding something from me. And I had noticed this since the day we were selecting our dresses online and I had mentioned about the anonymous pictures , though I had asked her many times but either she diverted the topic or just answered in indirect ways. Something was really not right.

" Why are you so distant from me Durre? What happened? Did I hurt you that day when I was just playing a prank with you? Or is it that you are bothered because of something else? For God's sake, pls answer! I can't see you like this, pls? ... Or did you have a fight with bhai on the first night ?"

I tried starting a conversation with her. But to no avail. Her face was dim, and her eyes were brimming with tears.I tried to make her look at me and smile atleast but she wasn't even moved a bit. I kept my hand on hers and made her face me by holding her chin up that's when she broke down.Her eyes seemed swollen with pain and that reflected on her face too. She was hesitating to say something.

' Ma'arij... Ma'arij I'm sorry, that day ... Those pictures... '

She started crying badly. I had to console rubbing my hands up and down her back and hug her sideways. I then took her head on my shoulder and urged her to continue.

After hiccuping , and managing her rugged breathes she started again. But I was getting pessimistic regarding whatever she was to tell me I felt that it was not something pleasant, I was feeling that it might have something to do with Mehmood,and our friendship . It might be something that would plant the bitter seeds of hatred and betrayal ... Or maybe even worse.

' I'm not beating around the bush, but I can't find words how to tell you. Uhh... Did he tell you anything ? '

Her eyes held the look of fear and worry.

" Who he ? "

' M.. Mehmood '

" He was trying to say something about his past. But I stopped him. I want to start afresh with him, that's why. But why are you asking this? "

' Because... Because he has to do something with what I'm going to confess. Ahh... Two years ago,puberty was just about to hit me and I was only thirteen. I found an online social site where you could talk to anyone around the world without revealing your identities and share your likes and dislikes. It was a kind of app related to mental health, you could share your thoughts and feelings with anyone whose profile seems compatible with your nature. I was tired and sick of facing constant psychological doubts, where my father played a pivotal role in destructing my self confidence and making me feel I'm a no one . He was always mad at me shouting incoherent words,degrading me that how ugly I was and how unsuccessful my life was... How much unimportant my existence was...
My grades were declining, my hopes were shattering and everyday I had to find a new excuse to push myself towards living. '