Chapter 36

Assalam-o-Alaikum and hello readers! I know, it's been long since I updated this book, but anyways no body missed the updates so yeah.. 😏 no apologies!

And well, thanks for sticking by this book so far!

Pls vote & comment!

New year, don't forget to be punctual with your Prayers :) !

Hunain:

" Aaa' aaaa Aaa' aa Aaa' aaa "

Kainat was singing in her high pitched annoying voice, in a very disturbing tone and was pissing me off . I let go of it sighing and went towards my study room, I had to work.

After that day onwards since she lost her hair , I saw my mother morose more than ever. Even though abba had stopped attending the garage, and started to spend more time with her, nothing seemed to make her happy as she used to be before. Abba had even gone bald shaving his head to make her feel soothed, nonetheless it was all darkness for her. He tried different methods to bring that special glow on her face, but nothing actually worked. She had given up all hopes on living.

I hadn't yet felt sorry towards Sarah because of my bad attitude, because I was too consumed by whatever was happening. Despite of that I still saw her caring for my mother like a good daughter. I didn't even feel excited when my baby took her hesitant and shaky initial steps or was trying to speak any incoherent words.Alongside my mother it was like my life had lost it's light too.

I was sitting on my desk ,working on few of the car models which I had been assigned by a good automobiles factory , to remodel and create newer better versions. And I was hopeful that maybe this contract would bring in some extra income. I would work my best to save my mother's life. I would do anything...

" Hunain, till when are you going to stay like this? What about your trip to Japan? You had to attend a seminar there right, and also you wanted to pursue a diploma... Why can't you trust me with ammi? I promised you na th... "

When I was busy sketching the model of the new car, her interrupting made me lose my temper, she was a hindrance! I was so busy in my work and thoughts, I didn't realize Sarah coming in.

' Can't you see I've been working since past two hours on this model??? Not a single idea hits my mind and either you have to open your stupid mouth or it's your daughter who shrieks like there's fire somewhere! Just shutup for God's sake! I don't need your advices or reminders! You both mother and daughter have been eating my head, you guys are on my nerves sucking my blood! For God's sake just... Just.. Disappear somewhere! '

I shut close my laptop, and strode out of the room, took my car keys and went outside angrily. I knew she was so patient and stubborn she won't be leaving me alone! Pushing brakes to stop my car, I parked abruptly near the paan store.

I took out a lighter from my pant's pocket and lit a cigarette which I bought from the paan(a desi preparation made of betel leaf and some nuts and other flavors) store. This was something which I had been recently hooked on to. This was normal. Whenever I had an argument with her, or whenever I felt frustration or sadness overpowering me, I turned to smoking.

With the continous 6th cigarette puff of smoking, my mouth was trying to remove out toxic air which was not only dangerous for me but also for others around me. But who was bothered? Atleast not me! The thick opaque air was trying to cloud my senses and shut off the pain which was driving me furious.

 But who was bothered? Atleast not me! The thick opaque air was trying to cloud my senses and shut off the pain which was driving me furious