Chapter 37

Hey buddies, Assalam o Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu ❤️

I suffered a very tough writer's block and had some other issues as well. Alhamdulillah sorted now. Hope you all are doing good.

And also Ramadan Kareem. The last ten days are coming up soon, let's all buckle ourselves for enthusiastic efforts for pleasing our Lord!

Khadijah:

I was revising the tafseer lesson from Surah Fajr,despite of the umpteenth times of revising it still few of the verses were not getting into my head. I asked Salsabeela to come over my room and help in learning the lesson with me. Surprisingly even she was stuck in the same few verses. We both decided to make notes, highlight the important features of those verses and keep in mind the keywords that would be beneficial in memorising them easily.

" Salsabeela , look at this ayah SUBHANALLAH, how truth it is!! When we are blessed with goodness We forget who was behind providing us with khayr , instead of thanking Allah we get lost in our own shenanigans and get deviated from the right path. Whereas if Allah inflicts some trial or tragedy upon us we're so quick to complain and whine and be ungrateful . "

Pondering upon the verse we both again put an effort in learning it.

(Taken from Tafheem ul Quran English)

Surah No. 89 - Ayah No. 15

أَعُوذُ بِاللَّهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ
بِسْمِ اللّٰهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ

فَاَمَّا الۡاِنۡسَانُ اِذَا مَا ابۡتَلٰٮهُ رَبُّهٗ فَاَكۡرَمَهٗ وَنَعَّمَهٗ ۙ فَيَقُوۡلُ رَبِّىۡۤ اَكۡرَمَنِؕ‏ ۞

Translation:
As for man, whenever his Lord tries him and honors and blesses him, he says, "My Lord has honoured me."

Now, criticizing the general moral state of the people, it is being said: "After all, why shouldn't the men who have adopted such an attitude in the life of the world, be ever called to account, and how can it be regarded as a demand of reason and justice that when man has left the world, after doing alI he could, he should never receive any reward or suffer any punishment for his deeds?"

Surah No. 89 - Ayah No. 16

وَاَمَّاۤ اِذَا مَا ابۡتَلٰٮهُ فَقَدَرَ عَلَيۡهِ رِزۡقَهٗ فَيَقُوۡلُ رَبِّىۡۤ اَهَانَنِ‌ۚ ۞

Translation:
But when He tests him and restricts his provisions for him,. he says, "My Lord has disgraced me. "

This then is man's materialistic view of life. He regards the wealth and position and power of this world alone as everything. When he has it, he is filled with pride and says God has honoured me; and when he fails to obtain it, he says: God has humiliated me. Thus, the criterion of honour and humiliation in his sight is the possession of wealth and position and power, or the absence of it, whereas the actual truth which he does not understand is that whatever Allah has given anybody in the world has been given for the sake of a trial. If he has given him wealth and power, it has been given for a trial to see whether he becomes grateful for it, or commits ingratitude. If he has made him poor, in this too there is a trial for him to see whether he remains content and patient in the will of God and faces his hardships bravely within permissible bounds, or becomes ready to transgress every limit of morality and honesty and starts cursing his God.

' Ma sha Allah... You know something Khadijah you're getting way better than me in grasping knowledge . Remember the day when you were stuck in learning the initial letters , and the ... '