Chapter 15

Assalam.o.Alaikum!
How far are you liking the story?
I thought of an update before going into a pause again :p coz #ProffExams!

Ma'arij:

" So what colour will you choose for yourself Durre? OMG you know I still can't believe my best friend is getting married along with me! Ya Allah I'm so happy, I'm so happy! "

I squealed like a lil kid in front of her, my eyes glistening with myriad of emotions.

I thanked Allah for getting to know that those pictures were fake, I dared to ask himself when I got chance and when he denied any such thing I felt peace .

' Red. I would prefer being a desi bride. But honestly it feels so odd. Like I mean. He is so old and I never assumed I would be getting a husband who would be twice my age, Astaghfirullah. Plus, married once too. I am getting second thoughts about this nikkah Maarij. Tell me what should I do. '

She held her head between two palms of her hand, fingers crisscrossed hiding her eyes but displaying her anxiety.

" Hmm. That is natural naa yar. Of course who in the world would want to get married to someone older than your age almost like you're a teenage and the guy is totally an adult! But it is happening with everyone's consent, your consent, and moreover as you say Qadr Allah. You prayed istakhara right? "

I removed her hands covering her face and made her look towards me.

' But why aren't 'you' feeling like this too? Mehmood is no less in age difference being elder than you as well, you both have like 8 years or something. '

She expected me to flinch or act wildly on hearing this but I was calm Alhamdulillah. I knew this but age doesn't matter when two hearts are bind by Allah's will.

" Qadr Allah. Habibi. Qadr Allah. "

I smiled at her and kissed her cheek, and then got back to what we were doing. We were selecting dresses online for us to have the design, texture and colour in our mind and mom had already assigned personal boutique to stitch the dresses for us. She  even wanted to make arrangements for Durre shehwar but her father was too stubborn to take our assitance in financial matters. So the design and dresses would be same but the designer would be different. I thought of Green colour as that suited my skin tone perfectly.

' Achaa. You were saying something about Dijah? What is it? '

Durre brought the topic back which I left midway when I saw bhai crossing from the corridor and then just it slipped of my mind.

" Better not ask pls. That bi.. "

' No curse words! '

" Okay. I had not expected this from her. She. She. Photoshopped pictures from the net and pasted Mehmood's photo on some really gruesome pictures like someone drinking and dancing, flirting with a girl, and... "

I saw the expressions on her face changing colours from that of radiant to dull amd gloomy. As if someone just squeezed the happiness out of her.

' uhm . continue? '

But somehow she overcame that and asked me to continue. I couldn't find suitable words to tell her. I tried though.

" firstly anger took better hold of me and I cried and blamed Allah for sending Mehmood in my life. I thought he is not good for me. But then I went to confront him... "

She  cut me off immediately ,

' You what? You confronted him? '

Her eyes turned the size of saucers as if about to bulge out of their sockets.