Chapter 12

Hunain:

Before I could calculate what had happened exactly, he hit me with something hard against my head... which made me spin around trying to gain my missing balance posture, I felt dizzy and was unable to comprehend anything further. I could see a blurry Nadir goofily smiling at me, and taking rounds around the spot I had fallen.

Maybe I shouldnt have followed him sneakily behind, instead have stopped him then and there when he blackmailed me that he'd hurt her.

Did I fail to be her saviour?

I failed... In the heaviness and shutting of my eyelids I saw her running towards the end of the park. Why was she running there she could go towards the exit?

I hope he doesnt find her.

Khadijah:

While taking slow steps towards the school , I heard the same whistling tune which Nadir used to sing whenever he came around me. I dont know why was he always in the predator mode, or was he born this way only?

Turning behind, I faced my fears. He was there running towards me from the park and behind him I saw him too. Was he here to help me? Was he my saviour? Again?

But I didnt want to be helped this time by a non mehram, yes what I learned in this week's lesson was that about the veil you should have as a boundary between you and someone else of opposite gender who is not mehram to you, in other words to whom you can get married or who is permissible for you in terms of nikkah.

I absentmindedly ran towards his direction in the park, but he was soon to catch my pace and followed dangerously close behind.

I tripped over a stone in the path and hurted my elbows badly. Nevertheless I got up ignoring the pain from the scratched skin there, amd ran towards the opposite side from where he was hunting me. Towards the backside of the park. This was only the best possible solution, I could hide there in old cafeteria amd Im sure he knew not of that place.

I locked the door from inside and coughed on the welcoming aura of dust inhaled by my nostrils, I kept the cloth of my hijab on my face and tried to peek outside of the doorknob hole.He was still in frenzy trying to search me if possible dig the earth to find me. I muffled a sneeze by holding my palm on my nose tightly.

Minutes later when I felt that he had gone as I heard footsteps retreating away from this area, and soon I sneakily opened the door that created a loud queaky sound.

He laid there unmoving, I felt my breathes hitched and couldnt think of exactly what should I do. Taking few deep inhalations, I thought of calling Maarij. I guess that'd be better.

She picked after the second bell and panicked upon hearing what I had to reveal her.

After like few minutes she arrived along with her father and took him to hospital, leaving me there alone. She didnt even bother to thank me or give a second look towards me, I was also traumatized .

Wobbling barely, I dragged myself out towards the school. It was sure a long hectic day.

After reaching the school, I first went to the washroom to readjust my appearance , splashing water on my face, and then using few drops of water I managed to brush off the sand from my clothes and my the jeans was now perfectly ripped for free, unlike the costly ripped jeans you have to buy. It seemed pathetic. Directing myself towards the main corridor, I took a slight right turn near the hall entrance and entered the nurse room. I showed her my scraped elbows and then it was her duty to aid me with disinfectant , band aid and ointment.

The day passed lazily slow. Returning home I just went to my room and was greeted with the worst thing ever I could have imagined.

Nadir was standing there with a red rose bouqet in his hand, grinning ear to ear alongwith his and my mom.

' We have decided that you two will be getting married by the end of this month only. Your exams are ending by 25th May right? You know what is yiur wedding date? The day your birthday comes! 31st May! '

My lungs were trying to breathe in some air for me to not collapse, but my heart wanted something totally against it. Before my heart decided anything serious, my mind had prepared a genius solution for me!

" NO MOM! I CAN'T. YOU WANTED ME TO BE A DOCTOR RIGHT ? IT'S JUST THE BEGINNING STEP TOWARDS MY CAREER, Mai isse shadi nahi krskti maa. I am sorry. ( I can't marry him. ) "

Mom's head was sure to burst with the amount of headache I had given her with this sentence I said.

Dr. Saaleh:

' I think Mehmood, I am ready to take a new step in my life. Are you ready to search a girl for me? '

I winked at him and waited for his response.

" Its your birthday coming and I must have been the one giving you surprise, but heyy you. Do you have her picture in mind? I mean how she must be? Her features? "

I knew Mehmood would be overexcited after hearing this, I was happy to see him happy too. After such a long time, I could see genuineness of joy in his eyes.

' Yes I thought why not I surprise myself this time ? We must get married together man!! Wallahi that would be so fun! '

Mehmood staring at me, dropped the book he held, and came rushing towards me ... Keeping his hand on my forehead to check my temperature, if I was okay or not.

' Heyy Heyy I am okay! Just chill, now I am ready to move on In sha Allah. But that doesnt mean I will ever forget Khadija and Maryam. They were and will always be an important part of my identity. '

I smiled, a twitch of lips that indicated I was happy with Allah's Qadr.

" Okay so... I think I know a girl for you. But I will have to ask Hunain. And as soon as we get to contact him, maybe you can get yiur dream girl. "

He punched my chest playfully and then pulled a tongue out at me. He was such a child.

' We? What? No, No. You can yourself ask him whatever you want to. Dont drag me into it.'

" Arre Arre samdhi jee bnenge ap tw milna tw prega. And afterall we haven't met her family yet, so I think this is the best time to do this! Infact, I am informing him just right this moment that we are in Pakistan and want to meet them , maybe tomorrow? There is only two weeks left for your birthday. Remember ? "

' So you are planning to have my birthday and anniversary together? How thoughtfully clever of you ! I agreed but this doesnt mean you  take everything so fast. '

I made a face at him to which he just laughed and ignored. He had already dialled Hunain amd was sheepishly looking towards me.

" Assalam.o.Alaikum Hunain! How are you? Ohh. May Allah grant you quick recovery. Uh.. I actually called you to inform that we are in Pakistan, I mean my brother Dr.Saaleh is also here with me. We didnt have a family meetup. If you say, how about tomorrow? Uhh. Pls dont refuse. Because Saaleh came here after so much insistence you know, ahh..  I am glad, I am glad. Thank you so much. Okay. Okay. Yes In sha Allah, we would be there by 8 pm. "

I gathered bits and pieces of whatever I heard and finalized that there was no escape now when I had confessed.

Now ... I am just waiting for tomorrow...

Assalam.o.Alaikum

Not that you missed me because,
But this update is just for you to read I know I am awesome. ;)

Vote and comment pls!