January 20, 1996

Dear Flash,

What was it like when the media gave you a name?

It must have been pretty awesome!

Guess what happened today! I was on the computer, screwing around and I found some news articles of me!

Or at least, of the other guy.

But it was still crazy! I'm flipp'in famous!

I read this article from the city paper and it said that I was a marvel. The title was even, Marvelous New Hero Emerges at Fawcett City Fire. It had a picture of me coming out of the school with smoke and fire behind me!

I'm not gonna lie to you Flash, it was pretty epic! It made me look like I knew what I was doing!

How exciting!

It even said that I was a being of pure luck and wonder because none of the other League members were around to save Vanessa! None of them! How cool!

Oh, gosh darn it, Flash, I could scream like a goat right now! That's how excited I am.

But that's not even the best part. I kept searching things until I found a name!

Drum roll please!

I found that people were calling me, Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel! And I'll write it down again because the cheesy smile on my face right now is driving my selfish, impulsive decisions of wanting stardom!

I don't mean to brag Flash, but I think my name's cooler than yours!

Ha!

But I think I just need to take a deep breath.

As excited as I am, I wish I could tell somebody besides the Wizard and all you hot shots in my letters.

But I know I can't tell, because that would obviously blow my cover.

If only I could tell Uncle.

But I know what he would say. It would probably be something about how I better not get any ideas from the articles and that the fire was a one time hero thing.

If only he knew the truth. Ugh! If only I could make him understand.

Sincerely,

Billy Captain Marvel Batson