October 31, 1996

Dear Wiz,

Everything was so much different a year ago.

I mean you were stalking me and sneaking into my room.

I was just a happy, plucky, and go lucky kind of person.

And sometimes I wish I could feel those things again because sometimes I feel lost Wiz.

And today is definitely one of those times. I mean I just feel confused and slightly angry at something. I don't know what I'm angry at.

I wish I could turn back time and just be my happy self that never had to carry the world on his shoulders. I wish I was the person that never had to think about saving crying children and stopping bad guys. I wish that I didn't have to have the whole city relying on me to protect it all of the time.

And the reason is because I'm tired of all of the bad moments the mantle of Captain Marvel brings. If I rescue multiple people, I can only carry so many and so I have to play the part of God or a higher power and pick who to save first.

And Wiz, don't get me wrong here. I love being a hero. I don't think I could stop.

But the problem is that I can't just be a normal 12 year old. I mean I'm not even trick or treating because I have to go look for the killer.

I can't really have meaningful relationships with people.

And don't get me wrong. I have friends like Connor at school.

But when I get home all I see is Uncle's arm and it's hard to look at.

It just brings shame.

But I think the hardest part of all this, is the disapproval.

I see news papers that blame me for murder and I hear parents tell their kids, some of my friends parents even, that they can't be Captain Marvel for Halloween because he's a killer.

And it hurts. It hurts seeing the look of disdain in their eyes.

But I know that I have to tell myself to focus on the positives no matter what I feel on the inside.

Yes, I feel stressed, but at least I got a lead on the killer in the city.

I've been trying to catch him, but he always gets away.

I've watching for him and notice he only strikes at night when the least amount of people are around. But the other night, he ran through street light and I saw him. He has a black costume and he's a really large guy.

And Wiz.

It's Black Adam.

And I'm terrified.

I don't know what to do.

I think he's trying to frame me and I don't know how to stop him from harming innocent people.

But I don't know if I can face him again.

-Billy