June 1, 1996

Dear Superman,

I think I've finally calmed down enough to get a grip on what's happening. I know last time I wasn't making any sense because I was hurt and angry and sad and confused and a whole lot of other things that I don't think I can even say.

But here's what happened.

The day was going great. It was the best day of my life. Uncle and I got my favorite ice cream and then had lunch. Then he got the birthday pack from the ticket stand at Coaster Land. I was so happy because that means you got to go on as many roller coasters as you wanted and I loved roller coasters.

We probably did half the park and everything was going great until Black Adam showed up.

He landed in the middle of this cobblestoned store place and began hurting innocent people. Uncle pulled me into an alleyway and we just hid there.

Black Adam kept yelling about how he was back and how he sensed this energy of his powers. He wanted to destroy all of the powers so he could reclaim the Earth as his own.

It was terrifying.

But I heard people screaming and I knew I had to do something. So I turned into Captain Marvel and revealed myself to him against all of Uncles wishes.

He didn't even hesitate to hit and strike me down. He kept punching me over and over again until my nose and mouth bled. I punched him back and we flew and tousled and kept smashing into the different rides. More people screamed and I started to panic because Teth was so much more agile and stronger than I was.

He finally just shoved me into the ground and pinned me there. I couldn't get out of his grasp and he was about to kill me. He rambled about how he thought the Wizard was here and not some puny sequel. I begged him to stop, but he just got me into a choke hold and so my eyes watered.

It was humiliating.

But then I saw Uncle run up to Teth and smash him in the head with a piece of nearby shrapnel. Teth let go, but he grabbed Uncle by the throat and threw him into a glass case of one of the stores. Black Adam didn't even hesitate to smash the store Uncle was in.

I tried to get up and fight back. I tried to avenge Uncle, but Black Adam just came right back and started to punch me again.

I thought I was going to die.

But then Wiz came out of nowhere and started to do all of this hocus pocus that actually made Black Adam get flung into the rubble. Wiz came over to me.

And I will never forget this.

He said, "Billy you are strong. Don't you dare think you are weak. You are everything I thought you were and more. You are one of Earth's mightiest heroes. Just you wait."

But then Black Adam stabbed Wiz in the back with this metal rail from one of the roller coasters.

Wiz coughed.

But then his eyes changed into this bright light and he yanked the rail from his stomach. He turned around and grabbed Black Adam's head.

Teth screamed as Wiz grew brighter and brighter with the light coming from within him.

And then both were gone.

Wiz was dead.

Black Adam was somewhere. I knew he wasn't dead. I can still feel that to this day.

I turned back into my normal self and felt pain everywhere. I screamed for Uncle and for Wiz.

The authorities arrived and rushed everyone to safety.

They got Uncle.

He lost an arm.

But you want to know the scariest thing that happened. I realized that I am not invincible.

I can die and everything I love will go away.

I haven't been able to sleep or get Teth's evil laugh out of my head. I feel humiliated and so ashamed because I couldn't keep Uncle safe or any of those other innocent people who died.

Some even died because of me.

You know, I've been brooding for the last couple months because I'm trying to reach what Uncle calls closure. What a stupid word.

But anyway, I think I found out the reason of why I'm upset.

And that reason is you, Superman.

I'm angry at you. I've been hating myself all of these months when I should have been hating you! You're the reason Wiz died and you're the reason Black Adam got away! You're the reason why Uncle got hurt and had to get one of those stupid robot arms!

I know I wasn't strong enough. That's my own doing and I'm dealing with it.

But you, Superman!

You didn't come!

You were one of the people I've idolized since my youngest childhood years even if I wrote otherwise. How dare you not come and rescue all of the people screaming and mourning their children who died!

I counted on you and you weren't there when I wanted you most!

You're no hero.

But things will get better soon.

Of course, I'll have to do it on my own because I've realized no one can help me anymore.

Yours Truly,

Captain Marvel