November 13, 1996

Wiz,

Guess who payed me a visit today?

The one and only Man of Steel himself.

I don't think I could even describe how I felt when I saw him.

I don't think I was happy or even angry. I think it was just shock.

You see, I was on a building watching the streets for Black Adam when he just showed up out of the blue. He was silent and just watched me.

I watched him.

And there was something in his eyes, Wiz. There was anger and spite and hate and desperation. They were pleading and threatening, but they were also kind. There was just a truthfulness to him on the outside. The inside reminded me of Uncle. He had wisdom, but was tired of something. I could see it with the bags under his eyes.

But I could also see why everyone loved Superman.

But then, after moments of silence, he spoke. And I don't think I can forget this conversation because it's not often that a superhuman blames you for murder.

"Scouting for your next victim, huh?"

And the only thing I could think of to say was, "Your voice is higher than I thought it was." 

"And your voice is lower," he cleared his throat. "I'm here to stop you."

I kind of regret saying this, but at the moment everything I felt about him just came out. 

"Oh, I see. You didn't have enough glory in your own City so you decided to get more by saving another one from the monster? Is that it?"

"I'm not here to argue, I want the truth."

"Well, so do I. Do you remember the incident here last February?" I could see the disdain. Clearly Superman didn't like being belittled. "Well, you should. It was all over the news how kids died and how Fawcett City's hero didn't do his job."

"Yeah, I did. That's not why I'm here."

"Well, clearly it isn't, but since you want to be some hero now, why weren't you a hero then?! Why didn't you intervene."

"I didn't know until after... " His jaw was tight.

I walked up to him. 

"Oh, of course you didn't. Your little team in the sky didn't see it even with all their cameras. Really? Someone lost an arm and he won't get it back!"

"It's clear that you're angry. Is this why you killed all those people? You're angry?"

"I didn't kill anybody! You're the one the let Wiz die!"

And I exploded. I couldn't hold it in, Wiz. So I punched him and started to kick him in the gut. He fell to the ground. His nose bled and he was coughing. But I didn't stop. I was breathing hard and I felt tears on my cheeks. I just kept kicking. 

"It's your fault! It's all your fault!" I stopped and turned around. But then he got up and pushed me down. 

He rubbed his nose and saw the blood. 

"You got one hell of a kick."

I stood up and tried to get way, but he grabbed my shoulder. 

"I can tell you didn't kill those people. I think you're just upset and unstable." He paused, "I know what's it's like to feel angry about something you can't control, but you need to let it go...  Someone's framing you, aren't they?"

And Wiz, all I could do was nod.

He said, "Tell me what I can do."

At least I got help now. I'm not as alone.

-Billy