November 12, 1996

Dear Wiz,

I'm finding it very hard to be my optimistic self anymore. I mean, it's really hard to crack a joke or have a witty comeback because Fawcett City is just in a time of mourning and I'm finding that people don't want to laugh.

And I'll tell you why everyone's so sad, Wiz.

There was a massacre. It was bad. I mean really bad.

I don't even know how many people got hurt. At least a dozen.

But Wiz, all I've been doing is looking. I haven't even found anything that leads me to Teth.

Okay, so I've been scouting for Black Adam for the past couple days and I can't find him. Every night I go out and search for him or signs of him, but nothing happens.

And the next morning I wake up to the news saying that I've murdered another person.

This is happening every day and, Wiz, this is scaring me. People are dying because I can't find him.

And I think the worst part of all of this is that I can't go out as Captain Marvel in the day anymore.

There's a bounty on my head.

The kind that if the police find me then I'm as good as dead.

But that's not even the worst part because the massacre that was on the news this morning, happened in broad daylight.

Black Adam set an office building on fire.

An eye witness claims that I did it with laser vision.

I don't even have that! And because Teth and I have the same powers, I'm pretty sure he doesn't either!

People are going crazy. The witness even said that she saw my costume flee from the seen.

I have to stop him for all of those innocent people.

No matter what. I will stop him.

-Captain Marvel