August 3, 1996

Dear Wiz,

Things are getting better in case you were wondering. I mean I'm in summer vacation and I've been going to the park a lot. I've been making some friends. There's this guy named Connor that's going to go to my school next year. He's nice. Kind of quiet sometimes.

I've also been training more.

I went into the training room today. The old one where you used to make me sweat so much that I could fill Fawcet City's Lake ten times over. But I think I would kill all of the fish. My sweat's salty and bitter. (I did a taste test one time, Wiz.)

But while I was in the training room, which is a horrible mess by the way, I discovered some of your old books and papers.

I went exploring to go find some cleaning stuff and found a secret room instead.

I think it was your room.

It had a bed in one corner, but I'm not surprised that it was mostly filled with old shelves with files and papers.

And oh, goodness me, it was dirty and smelly. Just like you were.

But I explored and did some digging.

I found a huge leather book that was in another language. When I opened it, the font was all squiggly and cursive like. I couldn't read it for obvious reasons, but as I was flipping through the book, I found some pictures of Captain Marvel.

I guess you've been around a long time, haven't you? 

I'm going to go to the library and see if I can make out what it says. I need to understand what I can do.

But thanks, Wiz.

Things are getting better.

-Billy