• Sam •

"I'm sorry." I say towards Colby as we enter my bedroom, "I haven't had company for awhile so cleaning isn't on my agenda." I finish telling him while chuckling. He shrugs his shoulders and sits in my desk chair.

"It's fine. My room looks the same so." He tells me as I throw clothes on the other side of the room. I look over at him and see him staring at the ground.

"You don't talk much, do you?" I ask as I sit on the bed. He shrugs his shoulders again and continues looking at the floor.

"How?" He says out of nowhere. I look at him with a confused look as he looks at me with a plain empty look.

"Uhhh, how, what?" I ask, confused on what he's wondering. He looks at me and squints his eyes like he's judging.

"How do you know Zane? You said something about his home life and he tensed up. Why? How do you know about his home life?" Colby asks sounding almost angry.

"I, uh, it's a long story Colby." I say looking at my hands. He looks at me with a bullshit look and rolls his eyes.

"I've got time. More time than you think I do." He says crossing his arms.

"Well, you see, my mom, she'll uh, be home soon and ----."

"Sam. Stop bullshiting me. How do you know Zane?" He says cutting me off. He gives me a look that has a pleading but 'you don't have to I guess's look.

"I --- me and Zane. We were, uh, we were close. I guess you can say." I tell him quietly.

"Like friends? Or best friends?" He questions.

"Friends. I was, I was a jock." I say looking at him carefully remembering what he said about jocks in the office.

"I'm sorry but......as you can see I'm just a loner. The nerdy emo band kid. What am I supposed to do in Highschool? Does it really look like I'd want to hang around Zane and Brennen and all the other jocks? No. So if you excuse me I have a class to get to."

"Oh. Okay." He says looking away, 'I uh, I'm sorry, about earlier. Just jocks, they, uh ---."

"No. No. I get it. I do. They're rude to everyone and only care about popularity. Why do you think I don't hang out with Zane anymore?" I say cutting him off. He looks at me and gives me a small smile.

"So, you were friends?" He says quietly. I nod my head and look down at the floor.

"Yeah....friends." I say with pain in my voice.

"Something..more?" Colby ask quietly. I look at him and my eyes go wide. I shake my head but something in side me says to tell the truth.

"No. No. Just friends. And then best friends but it, uh, it ended. As you can tell. You know, us being friends, and such. Um, yeah. No. I don't do the whole jock thing anymore so....yeah." I say quickly. He nods his head and looks at me.

"I hate jocks." He says trying to lighten up the mood. I chuckle softly but it soon turns into a dry laugh.

"Yeah. Jocks. They suck." I say looking over at the picture on my wall of the whole baseball team, "they do suck."

______________________________________

What do you think Sam is hidding????

You think Zane will mess with Sam and Colby again????

And will Sam tell Colby how he feels??