• Sam •

I drop the bat when I saw Colby standing near the building. Looking down at the bat I realize that I was about to kill a man. Be a actual murderer. I start backing up slowly with my hands in my hair.

Colby runs towards Brennen and I. He stops a few inches away from me and sighs, dropping his hands harshly by his side. I look into his eyes and see the fear and confusion and the worry.

I look over at Brennen as he stands shaking in fear. I gulp harshly as my breathing quickens. Colby grabs my hand slowly. I try backing away but he hold it tighter.

"Talk to me." He says quietly, to the point I could barley hear him. I shake my head and look stare intensely at the grass. I feel a finger under my chin as my head lifts softly.

"Talk to me." Colby repeats again. I stare into his eyes as my mouth opens, "I was gonna kill him." I tell him, "I was gonna remind him of the pain that weighed everybody's shoulders when your brother died." I tell Colby.

He puts his hand on my cheek and searches my eyes, "I don't think you were going to kill him. There's not a evil bone in you. You're a person with a hard past that really wants things to be different and was angry."

"I swung the bat." I whispered.

"But I know you would of stopped yourself even if I wasn't here." Colby whispers, "you aren't evil. You're lost and that's okay."

I stare into his eyes before closing then tightly letting tears fall. He pulls me into a tight hug letting me wrap my arms around him.

"I know you didn't kill my brother."

"I was there."

"But like I said," Colby starts as he pulls away, "you don't have one evil bone in your body."