• Colby •

Today was boring as usual. Brennen and his guys didn't mess with me today. It's been two days now. Although it may seem like I'm complaining, I'm not, but it seems like there going to attack when I don't realize it.

I remember how Sam stood up for me last time and I smile a little. Glad to finally have another friends for me. Sam now sits next to me and Via during classes and lunch every other day.

"Colby Brock and Sam Golbach. You will be partners for this assignment." I hear my teacher say. I look up confused. I look over at Sam and whisper, "What assignment?"

"Were you not paying attention?" Sam says trying not to laugh. I shake my head and look at the paper our teacher is handing out.

"Dude I was thinking about stuff. I didn't listen this entire class period." I say getting stressed out.

"Why don't I come over to your house? We can work on the assignment after I tell you what it's about." Sam asks. I nod my head and agree.

"Yeah sounds good." I say as I stuff the paper in my bag. As the day goes on, slowly, I meet Sam by the front doors wanting to get home and away from this hell hole.

"Hey. You ready for some homework?" Sam says appearing out of nowhere. I jump slightly and look at him.

"No. No I'm not. I suck at history Sam. I don't care what dead guy did what to another dead guy." I say laughing but with seriousness in my voice.

"Don't worry. I'll help you out sweetheart." Sam says. I stop in my tracks and so does Sam.

"Sweetheart?"

"Y - yeah. I call everyone that. It's like a sarcastic thing. You know? When someone is being a pussy or something....you know?" He asks with a shaky voice. I nod my head and continue walking.

"Yeah makes sense, sweetheart." I say laughing. He laughs too as we continue are walk to my house. Once we arrive we drop are bags on the couch before grabbing a snack.

Well I grab a snack while Sam looks around my house. Once I grab a apple I enter the living room and see Sam holding a picture.

"That was my brother." I tell him. He jumps and turns his head to see me. He quickly puts the photo down and puts his hands in his pockets.

"What was his name?" Sam asked quietly. I stand next to him and pick up the picture.

"Lenx. He was two years older than me. I was in eighth grade and he was a sophomore when he died. Never even got to graduate." I say putting the picture down.

"He would of been a senior this year, right?" Sam asks. I look over at him and nod my head.

"Yeah. When I met Via in seventh grade she looked at Jenx like a big brother. Even though they only knew each other for a year." I say looking down.

"How long have you and Via known each other?" Sam asks.

"Since seventh grade. So three years." I tell him. I put my hand on his shoulder and smile at him, "come on. You need to tell me about this assignment."

• What Love Does to Us •जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें