• Sam •

Walking down the hallway of school I see all the gossiping kids. People huddled in groups. Kids leaning against lockers. Some kids studying on the floor. It's almost time to go home but right now I'm just trying to find Colby.

As I come around a corner I see Colby sitting outside the library. I walk up to him with a smile on my face but it quickly goes away when I see Colby looking down. A frown on his lips.

"Colby? Are you okay?" I ask quietly as I sit down next to him.

He slowly looks up and turns towards me. Shaking his head. He opens his mouth but nothing comes out.

"Colby." I say again.

"Tell me Sam. What happened the night my brother died." Colby says quietly.

"What do you mean?" I ask. My heart beginning to race.

"Tell me what happened."

"This is illegal though!! Look at us! We are in eighth grade. Stole your brother's car! We can't legally drive." I say freaking out.

"It's fine. Oh fuck. He's leaving." Brennen says signing, "and with his brother too. Now we can't do shit." Brennen says as he leans his head back.

"Let's follow him." Jixon says. I look at him and shake my head over and over again.

"Not a bad idea. Sam let's follow them. And when I say so, give their car a little tap."

"What?" I say looking at Brennen with wide eyes.

"You heard what I said, pussy." He says staring at me. I sigh but put this car in drive and start following them. After twenty minutes of following them down windy roads and dark areas Brennen finally lays a hand on my shoulder.

"Colby I - I - I'm sorry."

"I know you killed him." Colby says quietly.

"Tap their car." He says. I sigh but speed up a little bit. Once I get close to their car I shake my head and slow down.

"Tap the car!" Brennen says. I look at him in the mirror but speed up again. I slightly hit it but not hard enough.

"You dumbass!" Brennen says as he grabs the steering wheel. He starts to jerk it making the car go everywhere. I finally push Brennen off and shove him back and grab the wheel trying to stop the car from swerving.

"I didn't -- Colby please come on." I say panicking. I touch his shoulder and he brushes it off aggressively. My heart begins to race and my eyes start to water and my face begins to brighten.

"Just tell me." Colby says angry.

I jerk the steering wheel to hard and accidentally ram into the car in front of us sending it off the road, down a hill and into a ditch.

"Oh fuck!" I say as I stop the car. I put my hands in my hair as i hold the brake.

"That....that isn't Colby's car. Right?"

"Fuck brother. It is. Let's get out of here."

"But what about your car?"

"Fuck Sam! You wanna be caught by police??"

"No."

"Then fucking drive!" Brennen says. I nod my head and put the car in drive and start speeding back home.

"I was driving." I say quietly crying. "I - I - I was illegally driving." I say as my speech starts to stutter and more tears come pouring down my cheeks.

"You're a killer." Colby whispers.

"Colby. No. No. Please. Its not like that."

Colby slowly looks over at me. His eyes dark.

"Then how is it then?"

"Brennen, Zane..." I start to say before a sob escapes me throat, "Jixon. Jerked steering wheel." I tell then breaking down.

"Good bye Sam." Colby says standing up and slowly walking outside the building door. I break into sobs and put my head in my hands.

"C - Colby!!!" I scream. Crying in the open school building.