• Sam •

"Zane!" I scream as I run up to him before practice. He stops and stares at me but looks down at the ground.

"You didn't met up with me yesterday. Why?"

"I just, Brennen, he didn't want me too and I didn't know who to believe and ---  "

"I didn't do it. I promise. Brennen was mad at me and made it seem like something it wasn't."

"Why?"

"He didn't like that I wasn't apart of the bullying anymore. He thinks I like Colby," Which I do but no one needs to know, "and that's not true at all. I just, I just..."

"You feel bad for what happened that night?" Zane says. I nod my head and look at him.

"Brennen didn't like that I called him a fucker and he pushed me. Made it into something it wasn't."

"Well we are going to the park tonight. Want to come?"

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Brennen took me out of the group." I say looking up at Zane.

"Wanna play a game?" Colby asks, "we are kinda to big to play on the playground." He says laughing.

"Sure." I say as I sit down on a bench.

"Truth or Dare?"

"Uh, truth." I say as I look over at him.

"Why did you stop being friends with Zane?" Colby asks.

"What? He can't do that!"

"He did though. It's fine though. I'll see you tomorrow."

"God! You just won't leave us alone will you?" Brennen says as he comes forward, "don't you have a dick to suck asshole?" Brennen says. Zane looks over at him and slaps his arm.

"Dude. Stop."

"What. It's obvious that he doesn't like you. I told you that yesterday."

"Yes he does Brennen. Now cut it out."

"He likes Colby. Face it Zane. Don't you? Don't you like Colby?" Brennen says. I feel my face heat up and I curse under my breath as I dark blush fills my cheeks.

"Sam.....you do. Don't you? After you just stood here and told me you don't."

"I - I --- I hate what I did to him, Zane."

"But that's not the only reason you won't pick on him, is it?"

"I'm sorry." I say quietly, "I can't control who I like. I'm sorry."

"Do you even love me anymore?" Zane asks. I look down and then look back at Zane.

"I still care."

"But you don't love me."

"Zane."

"All this time you've just been fucking with my feelings!"

"No! Thats not it at all!"

"Then what about all the hugs! When I kiss you! The other day on the field! Was it all just a lie?"

"I like him. But I like you."

"You can only chose one, Sam." He says staring at me. I look at him with tears in my eyes.

"I'm sorry."

"That's what I thought. Goodbye Sam." Zane says as he turns around. I look over at Brennen and he smirks.

"Loser." He says as he turns around before he turns around. He reaches in his pocket and throws my baseball hat at me.

"The rest is in the locker room. Coach said since I'm caption I should do what's best."

"You're just petty. You know I'm the best player out there."

"Not anymore you aren't." He says as he turns around and walks off.

"Just drifted apart you know? Stopped having classes and such with each other until this year. Plus new friends and stuff."

"Makes sense. Okay your turn."