4. The Aftermath

Author's Note: In this chapter  I will incorporate a bit of "Charmed" into the world of Harry Potter.  Elders, Whitelighters and Darklighters will be introduced in this chapter from the "Charmed" fandom tweaked by me for this fanfiction.  If you don't know what either of those are, don't worry.  They will be explained in the story.  I have included a video of the powers of the Whitelighters to help you guys visualize it better.  Enjoy!

The sound was like a crack in the wind.  Albus Dumbledore appeared in front of him, his wand raised, poised for an attack.

"No, please don't kill me!" Severus pleaded.

"That was not my intention," Dumbledore informed him.  "What message does Voldemort have for me?"

"Nothing.  I'm here on my own."  He knew he had to be quick.  If Voldemort caught him there he would be dead.  "The prophecy.  He thinks it's Lily."

"The prophecy did not refer to a woman, Severus.  It spoke of a boy born at the end of July."

"Yes," he said frantically, "but he thinks it's her son!  He intends to hunt them down now and kill him.  You have to help me.  Hide her-them-hide them all."

Dumbledore rubbed his chin thoughtfully.  "And what will you give me in return, Severus?"

He swallowed.  In return?  What could he possibly give him?  He looked into the soft blue eyes of the man in front of him.  "Anything."

He regretted it deeply.  He wished he had never heard that stupid prophecy and never relayed it to Voldemort.  If he hadn't, Lily wouldn't be dead.  Sasha wouldn't be dead.  It was all his fault.  And then, if that wasn't a big enough mistake, he had gone to Dumbledore to try and fix it.  He had never told anyone.  Not even Sasha whom he had never kept anything from since they became friends.  He swallowed back tears as he walked up to the wrought iron gates of Hogwarts.  Much to his surprise, they opened as quickly as he got to them.

Snape busted into the castle.  He met Mr. Filch at the door.  "You there!  Where is the Headmaster's office?"

The old man stared at him for a second, unsure of whether or not to answer.  "The entrance is on down the first corridor to your left," he instructed finally.

Severus gave him a curt nod and went on his way.  He was angry and hurt.  He wasn't sure what he was doing there in the first place.  But Dumbledore was the only one who would understand his pain.  He couldn't face the Death Eaters again.  Not right now.  He stopped in the hall at the foot of the spiral staircase with the gargoyle.  He knew that Dumbledore's office was probably at the top of those stairs.  Suddenly the stairs began to move.  He backed a few steps away and waited until they stopped.  Dumbledore came down them and stepped out into the hall.  He stopped dead in his tracks.

"Severus.  I was not expecting you."

"I did not expect to be here, but I thought you would want to know."

Dumbledore gazed at him, concern in his eyes.  "You look a bit pale."

"Do I?" Severus snapped.

"Has something happened?"

"Yes.  Lily-  Sasha-  They're dead."

His eyes widened.

"I just came from the house.  Voldemort was not there.  I don't know what happened."

Dumbledore gulped.  He pointed to the stairs.  "The password is Lemon Drops.  Go up in my office and wait until I get back."

Severus nodded, but he didn't speak.  One more word and he would fall apart.  He did as he was told.