22. The Wolf and the Kiss

Sasha was beyond worried. She kept sensing every second to make sure no one was being hurt. The only one in pain was Ron with his leg and the second she could, she would heal him. She should have never promised Severus that she would stay behind. And why would Remus Lupin have been going in there? Had he seen the dog take Ron by the leg? Nothing even remotely made sense. She sighed wearily. She couldn't wait much longer.

Then it happened. She tried to sense Harry and he seemed to still be fine. But it was Severus she couldn't get a read on. Silently, she started to panic. She stood up, prepared to orb in to get him, when she saw Harry carrying Ron along with Sirius Black and Hermione. Sasha gulped. She pulled her wand out and moved forward.

"Stop right there!" she demanded.

Sirius stared at her curiously. "Fine. Just let me put the kid down."

Sasha watched as he and Harry gently put Ron on the grassy floor. She kept her wand pointed at him cautiously. Sirius Black came to stand in front of her with his hands in the air. But unexpectedly, Harry came to stand right beside of him. She frowned.

"Harry, what are you doing?" she asked. "This man tried to kill you."

"No, he didn't," Harry said adamantly. "Sirius never tried to kill me. He was after Peter Pettigrew."

"He's dead," Sasha argued.

"No, he isn't," Sirius insisted.

Just then, a short and pudgy man came out of the hole in the ground with his hands in the air. Right behind him was Remus Lupin with his wand pointed in his back. Sasha's eyes widened. She had seen him so many times before, on the side of the Order.

"I'm confused," she admitted.

"Well, let me clear it up for you," Sirius said sarcastically. "James and Lily changed their secret keeper at the last minute. Said they didn't want me dying for them and that Peter was more than willing to take the risk. Not that I wasn't, but they thought Voldemort would never suspect him because he's so small."

"Peter sold them to Voldemort, didn't he?" she asked quietly.

Sirius nodded. "I've been locked up for twelve years in Azkaban an innocent man."

"How did you escape?"

"He's an Animagus," Harry spoke up. "He's the black dog."

Sasha narrowed her eyes at Sirius. "You tried to eat me!"

Sirius laughed. "Sorry about that. I thought you were something else other than a Whitelighter. I'm sure you know what I mean. Harry here told me he had a guardian angel on the way out here."

A guilty look crossed over Harry's face. "Should I not have told him?"

Sasha smiled warmly. Of course she knew what Sirius meant. He had been referring to the fact that she was a Death Eater last time he checked. "It's okay. Everyone else at Hogwarts knows and Sirius here was innocent, so he should know I guess." She finally lowered her wand.

"Thank you," Sirius said. "I was worried there for a moment."

"Don't mention it." Sasha frowned. There was someone very important missing from this picture. She cupped her hands over her mouth. "Wait. Where is Severus?"

Sirius smiled proudly. "Harry here disarmed him."

"Harry! Why would you do that?" Sasha shouted. It was the first time in her life she had ever been angry at him. "He was only trying to help you!"

"I-I wanted to know about Pettigrew," Harry said. "I knew that if Professor Snape took them to the castle that I would never know the truth."

"Still you shouldn't have attacked him," she scolded. "Where is he now?"