33. Exposed

Later the same night, when classes were through for the Hogwarts students and Durmstrang and Beauxbaton were settled, everything seemed to quieten down.  Harry got a little rest after his feat in the Black Lake.  He informed Sasha once he woke up that he was going to Hagrid's along with Ron and Hermione for tea and a walk.  Sasha told him to be careful as always.  She then found herself going into Severus's office to visit for the second time that day, the first trip being right after the second task.  They had discussed what happened with Harry's outstanding moral fiber and then it had been off to class for the both of them.  Now, Sasha was sitting on the bed in his living quarters safely wrapped in his arms.  Severus was just holding her.  Only breathing.  Ever once in a while, she would look up at him and he would smile down at her adoringly.  It was an innocent moment, silent and blissful, that would be forever preserved in both of their memories.

Severus squeezed Sasha affectionately.  She smiled, leaning her head back against his chest.

"This is so nice," she commented.  "I feel like there's no one in the world but the two of us."

"Now that would be perfect," he whispered.

They both laughed at the absurdity of the suggestion.

"No, really, Severus," Sasha insisted seriously.  "I could stay here like this in your arms forever."

"I like holding you," he admitted.  "It makes me feel like you need me."

"I do need you," she told him.  "I will always need you."

Severus felt his cheeks grow hot.  Never in his life had he felt as close to someone as he felt to Sasha right now.  He kissed her lightly on the head.  She glanced up at him curiously.

"What was that for?"

He smiled.  "You flatter me."

"I'm just being honest."  Sasha sighed dreamily.  "I never understood what it meant to be in love with someone until now."

"Me either."  Severus gave her another squeeze.  "Promise me you'll never leave me."

"I can't promise something like that," she answered practically.  "But I can promise that no matter what happens I will always love you and I will never leave you on my own accord."

"I'll take that promise."

Sasha abruptly changed her position to where she could see his face.  It looked like Severus was carrying her even thought they were sitting down. He laid one hand on top of her legs and the other was on her arm, his arm draped around her back for support.

"Now it's your turn to promise me something," she said mysteriously.

He gazed at her, his dark eyes curious.  "What's that?"

She thought for a moment, choosing her words carefully.  "I want you to promise me that when you go off to be with Voldemort, when he returns, that you will hold fast to the man I'm looking at right now, that you won't allow him to change you."

She was staring at him, expecting him to answer right away.  He did.

"I promise.  You have my word."

Sasha smiled.  "Thank you."

Severus leaned down and kissed her, this time on the lips.  She shivered, as she always did when his lips collided with hers.

"I could do this all day."

"Me too.  What do you say we skip class tomorrow and stay in?"

He laughed.  "That would be alright with me, but I'm not sure Albus would appreciate it at all."