63. Safe

Sasha was on edge. She was fidgety and her palms were sweaty. The wand in her hand was gripped so tightly that her knuckles were white. She was so focused on Harry, whom she could sense was anxious. She knew the Dursley's were out now and that the Order would be there with her nephew, but she still worried about him. Not only that, but there was a battle up ahead. The first one of the war and she was about to go at it alone. She couldn't help but wonder what the outcome would be. Would she survive? And what happened if she didn't? Would Severus blame himself? Of course he would. That was what had her so worried. Sasha grabbed the red heart necklace hanging around her neck. She squeezed it tightly. At least if this was her last battle she would get to see him one last time before she went.

She got up and looked out the curtains of her house. There were lights on at the Dursleys. The Order must have arrived there.

Suddenly a thought was pushed into her head. She was startled by it at first, but then she could hear Severus's voice as if he were standing right in front of her.

We are here. Sense me and you will know where. There are six demons and Darklighters, three of each. Please be careful, my love.

Sasha smiled. "I will," she said out loud. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. They snapped back open when she figured out Severus's location. He was inside of the Forbidden Forest near the school. She gulped as she orbed out, knowing this might be the last time she would ever be able to orb again.

She materialized nearly right beside of Severus. He leapt to the side, startled by her sudden entrance. There was a hint of water in his eyes as he yelled, "Now!"

Suddenly the demons and Darklighters jumped out from behind the trees. Sasha was ready for them though. She needed to get rid of the Darklighters first and she showed no sign of mercy as she blew up two of them. Severus dove behind the nearest tree. He didn't know what else to do. He didn't want to hurt her. He could keep an eye on the battle from there and maybe even help her if necessary.

Energy balls and spells flew all around. Arrows were in the mix as well. At one point, Sasha even had to use a demon as a shield from the one Darklighter that remained. The arrow hit him in the chest and he burst into flame. She dusted her hands off.

"Whoa, that was close," she commented breathlessly.

She blew up two demons and stunned the other one. He lay on the ground for a few seconds, allowing her to scan the darkness for the only remaining Darklighter. She couldn't see him and if she lit up her wand then he would be able to target her.

"I know you're here!" she shouted. "Come out and fight like a man!"

"As you wish," a voice said from the darkness.

Sasha whirled around. It had sounded like he was behind her. Suddenly she felt someone seize her roughly from behind. She struggled against them, but to no avail. Severus stepped out from behind the tree in front of her. He was holding something in his hands. As he came closer, she realized exactly what it was: a Darklighter's crossbow. Her eyes widened in alarm. He had a menacing look on his face. Her captor leaned down close and whispered tauntingly in her ear.

"I lent it to him. He insisted he wanted to kill you himself."

Sasha wriggled wildly in the Darklighter's grasp. She had no idea what was going on now. Had he planned this all along? Had she lost him? He aimed the weapon at her. She could see that his hands were slightly trembling.

"Please don't," Sasha begged him. "What are you doing?"

"I have to," Severus said quietly. "It's the only way we can get to Mr. Potter. You have to be moved aside."