12. Dueling Club

November 1992

It was the Quidditch season again.  The first game was taking place in less than an hour.  Sasha was at the stadium in a pair of sunglasses and a Gryffindor scarf.  She felt like it was her duty to support Harry even though her best friend was for the other team.  She and Severus hadn't seen much of each other lately.  Sasha had been purposely staying away from him, afraid that she would start to feel uncomfortable around him like she had that night she fell in his lap.  The way he looked at her, it was a little unnerving.  But no matter how much she stayed away, Sasha couldn't stop thinking about it.  Today was the day she planned to give in.  After the match, she was going to go see Severus.

Students continued to pile into the stadiums, each to his or her own house.  It was chilly outside.  Most of them had on scarves and gloves to keep their necks and hands warm.  Sasha stood at the bottom on the ground.  Just watching everything.  She was so focused on everything that was going on and watching Madame Hooch get the equipment that she didn't notice the man who had sneaked up behind her.  He laid his hand on her shoulder.  Startled, she whirled around.  Her eyes widened when she saw that there was not only one, but two men standing there.

"Are you lost, Miss?"  His voice was soft, but she recognized the confident tone of superiority immediately.

"Not really," Sasha answered.  "I'm not a fan of heights."

He extended his hand.  "I am Lucius Malfoy."

She flashed him a smile and reluctantly gave him her hand.  "Nice to meet you."  Her eyes wondered to the man standing beside of Lucius.  He seemed rather bored by this whole interaction.  She smiled.  Severus.  "And you are?"

Severus looked at her, a small smirk on his lips.  "Severus Snape."

"Nice to meet you as well."

"So you support Gryffindor?" Lucius asked.  "I rather think Slytherin is the finer team."

Sasha adjusted her dark glasses so she could think before she spoke.  She had always despised Lucius, but Severus and him had been friends for a while.  More so since the Dark Lord had vanished.

"Well, everyone is titled to their opinion," she quipped.  "Personally, I think Gryffindor has a fine seeker."

"My son is the seeker for Slytherin this year."

She nodded.  "Wow.  I wish him luck then."

Lucius studied her for a moment, not quite sure what to make of her.  "Would you like to join us up in the teacher and parent box?  I have saved two extra seats.  One for my old friend Severus here and the other one for whomever I choose.  You could watch the game with us."

"You can't reserve seats and you don't even know my name," she told him.  "Why would I sit with you?"

"It beats standing down here in the danger zone alone."

"He's right," Severus spoke up.  He leaned over and whispered something in Lucius's ear that made him grin like a Cheshire cat.

"Very well, then."  Lucius gave him a nod and continued on up into the box.

"What was that all about?" Sasha asked.

Severus smiled.  "I simply told him that I thought you were eyeing me and that I'd like to have you to myself for a few moments."

She blushed.  "Thank you.  What is Lucius doing here anyway?"

"He wants to watch Draco play.  I haven't seen you in weeks, Sasha.  I kind of got the feeling that you've been avoiding me."