68. A Trip to Gringotts

Shell Cottage turned out to be a nice home away from home.  Bill and Fleur were very hospitable.  They put up with Griphook's grumpiness and Dobby's questions.  They were very nice about it all.  Hermione and Sasha spent a lot of time together.  Sasha got her to talk through her ordeal at Malfoy Manor with her so she could sort of work through it.  She knew what Hermione had endured at the hands of Bellatrix Lestrange was more than traumatic.  She had been tortured.  It wasn't something that was easy to get over.  Hermione was able to talk about it easy enough.  After a few days, she seemed to be in much higher spirits.

Harry, however, was not.  It was a new day.  Sasha, Hermione, and Ron were already sitting at the breakfast table.  Harry came down into the kitchen where everybody was already having breakfast, his expression sour. He was pale as ashes as he took a seat next to Sasha.  She stared at him worriedly.

"Harry, are you okay?  You don't look so good, honey."

"I've been better.  I didn't sleep much last night."

She ran her fingers affectionately through his hair.  "Maybe you can take a nap today sometime."

"Yeah."

"What kept you up?" she asked curiously.

He looked around the room.  Fleur was busily cooking breakfast for them, not paying attention, or so it seemed.  Harry's eyes finally met hers.  "We'll take a walk along the beach, me, you and Hermione and Ron.  I'll tell you the reason I couldn't sleep then."

Sasha frowned.  She had a feeling she already knew the answer, but she didn't say anything more.  Fleur delivered eggs and bacon to everybody's plate only minutes later and they ate in silence.  Hermione delivered Ollivander a plate to his room and did the same with Griphook since he had refused to leave the small space.  Dobby, who was in the room with Luna Lovegood at the time, accepted her plate for her.  At least that was what Hermione announced when she came back down the stairs.  All of them ate and then they took a walk along the beach at Harry's suggestion.  No one spoke until they were a good way from the house, afraid that might be overheard if they did.

Once the four of them were halfway down the shore, Sasha stopped walking.  "Okay now, Harry.  Why couldn't you sleep last night?"

Harry took a deep breath.  "I'm sure you've guessed by now.  I had a dream last night.  And it wasn't a pleasant one.  In fact, this one might have been the worst one yet."

Hermione and Ron stared at him expectantly.  Sasha held her breath.  She wasn't sure if she was ready for more bad news. 

He sighed as he continued.  "I saw him.  You-Know-Who.  He was at Hogwarts."  Sasha gasped, thinking immediately of Severus.  Harry looked at her.  He was thinking of him too.  She could see it in his eyes.  "He went straight to Dumbledore's tomb and opened it.  He bent down over him and took his wand.  He was so happy and I didn't understand it until I realized what had been right in front of us all along.  I held it in my hand and I still didn't realize it."  He looked up at his friends and his aunt who were all staring at him quizzically.

"I don't get it, Harry," Hermione said.  "I don't get it at all."

Ron's eyes widened.  "Surprisingly I do get it!"

"Really?" asked Hermione wrinkling her nose.

He nodded and then frowned.  "Yes.  Always the tone of surprise."

They giggled.  Harry and Sasha smiled too.

"Well then, Ron," Harry said.  "You let them in on the secret."

Ron rubbed his hands together like he was prepared for a big demonstration.  "Dumbledore's wand is the wand.  The one You-Know-Who's been looking for.  It's the Elder wand."