35. How Would You Like Me to Convince You?

Pandemonium ensued.  Students were crying and even some of the staff.  Sasha and Severus together tried to hold everyone back the best they could as the body of Cedric Diggory was moved from the clearing.  Everyone wanted to see him.  Sasha thought it terribly morbid, but she kept her opinion to herself.  She was shaken by what she had seen, and in awe because Harry had the guts to go up against the most hated and feared wizard of all time, and scared to death because of the fact that he had been trying to kill Harry.  There was no telling what other torture he'd endured.  She knew he had experienced the Cruciatus Curse because she had felt it.

"Everyone get back!" Severus said, raising his voice in a warning tone.  He was trying to keep everyone back and keep an eye on Sasha, too.  He was worried about her.  Other than to Dumbledore, she hadn't spoken one word about what had happened.  As a matter of fact, she looked like she was in a sort of a trance.

Finally, when the body was moved and out of the way, he let everyone through.  Sasha stepped to the side and moved as close to Severus as she could get.  He draped his arm around her.  He didn't care what people thought.  The woman he loved was distraught and he was going to console her.

"Are you alright?" he asked with concern.

Sasha took a deep breath.  "Not really.  I'm scared.  For you.  For me.  For Harry.  For all of us."

Severus squeezed her tightly.  "It's going to be okay."

She shook her head.  "No it's not.  That's what I told Harry earlier and look what happened.  His worst nightmare came true.  Voldemort is back."

"It's not your fault."

"Yes, it is.  If I hadn't got myself knocked out-" her voice trailed off.

"You said Moody did it, right?"

Sasha nodded.  "Well, I don't really know who did it.  Viktor Krum I think, but he was imperiused by Moody."

Severus frowned, deep in thought.  "I didn't see him in all the commotion."

"Me either.  I was just worried about Harry."  Sasha paused for a moment.  She couldn't feel his presence anymore.  She looked around frantically.

"Sasha, what's the matter?"

She turned to Severus, her face white.  "Harry.  Where is he?"

"I-I haven't seen him.  I was so busy trying to-"

"Never mind!" she shouted.  "Come on.  We have to find him!"

The two of them started back toward the castle, but they found their path blocked by two tall red-headed boys.

"If you're looking for Harry," Fred told them, "George and I saw him heading toward the castle."

"He was with Moody," George said.  "Didn't seem real happy about it either."

Sasha smiled gratefully at them.  "Thanks, boys."

"You're welcome," they said in unison.

"Sasha, we must get Dumbledore," Severus suggested.  "He will want to know about this."

"I'll do that, Severus.  I want you to go and get some Veritaserum.  I want to know who that is because it's definitely not Alastor Moody."

"Good idea.  I will meet you up at the castle."

"Wait!" Sasha said.  She grabbed his arm to keep him there a few seconds longer.  He wasn't sure what she was doing until she spoke again.  "Harry is in Moody's office.  Meet us there."