2

she's proof that you can walk through helland still be an angel

she's proof
that you can walk through hell
and still be an angel.

CHAPTER TWO

DAISY

I sigh in content when I finish the last bit of my school work. A grin makes its way onto my face as I close my computer, before standing up from my bed to stretch out my sore limbs.

One of the only good things about being homeschooled is that I can do my work in bed.

I've been homeschooled my whole life.

Well, ever since momma and papa left, which was twelve years ago. Dustin, my older brother, is my legal guardian now but after our parents left, our grandparents had to watch over us until Dustin turned eighteen. That was nine months ago, so now it's just Dustin and I.

Being homeschooled isn't bad, I just wish I could experience more. Dustin rarely lets me leave without him, and I don't know why.

It sucks because he's always so busy with school, football, and work, which means I rarely ever get to leave the perimeter of my house.

Thinking of how lonely I am brings my mood down, so to cheer myself up and since I finished my school work early today, I decide I'm going to read my favorite book. It always helps to distract me.

A few minutes into my reading, I hear a noise coming from my bedroom door. I pause and look up, only to let out a surprised squeal.

There's a man?

He looks the same age as my brother.

He's really tall too.

I blush as he continues to stare at me with a weird look in his eyes, one of shock, confusion, and something else I can't decipher. I place my book on the bed and take a step towards him.

"Hello." I say quietly, playing with my fingers nervously.

His eyes soften and his next words are spoken gently. "Hi sweetheart."

I try not to blush even more at the nickname as I tilt my head to the side. "Who are you?"

He takes a step further into my room. "I'm Seth. What's your name?"

I grin. "Daisy."

He continues to walk further into my room until he's just a couple feet in front of me. "You have a beautiful name, Daisy."

My blushing increases and I look away shyly. "Thank you." I mumble. "Y-You're one of Dustin's friends?"

I've never met any of his friends before.

Seth nods. I see him reach his hand out in the corner of my eye and gasp. He pauses his movement and looks at me with worry. "What's wrong?"

I gently grab his hand and examine it. "You're hurt?"

His eyes harden for just a second before returning back to normal. "I'll be fine."

I slowly nod but then an idea pops into my head. "Let me help you clean it! I'm very good at it since I used to get hurt all the time."

He doesn't answer but just stares at me with a look in his eyes. I'm once again unsure of what emotion he's feeling.

Seth slowly begins to nod. "Yeah, okay that'd be great."

I smile and carefully grab his hand again before leading him to the bathroom that's just across the hall. He must've been looking for it but then walked into my room by mistake.

He takes a seat on the closed toilet while I grab the med kit. I open it up and take out the stuff needed to clean his bloody knuckles.

I walk over to Seth so i'm now right in front of him. As I stand here, I realize how tall he actually is. We're almost the same height now that he's sitting on the toilet. It could be because i'm only 5'0 but still, he's really tall.

I take his hand in mine so I can see his cuts better. He sighs in content, but I don't know why when i'm about to pour rubbing alcohol on it.

Usually when Dustin has to clean some of my injuries, that's my least favorite part.

I grab a piece of gauze and pour some of the alcohol onto it. "This might hurt Seth." My voice is hesitant.

He smiles softly. "I can handle it sweetheart."

I reluctantly apply it to his skin and somehow, he doesn't even flinch.

I continue to treat his wounds and even add a bandaid on one of the really bad cuts. It was one of my favorite princess bandaids.

"Thank you Daisy." He says in his deep voice that makes me shiver, while smiling down at me. He has that weird look in his eyes again.

I smile back. "You're welcome." I back away from him so he can stand up and once he does, I quickly grab onto him.

How could I forget?

"Wait!" I exclaim.

He raises an eyebrow but doesn't move.

I grab his hand once again and bring it up to my lips before placing a gentle kiss on the bandaid.

I learned that from Dustin. He'd always do that if I ever got a cut. He told me how momma used to say it helped heal the wound faster, before she left of course.

Seth's eyes widen, but then he closes them and takes a deep breath, as if trying to calm himself.

I blush and just as it looked like he was about to say something, another voice interrupts him.

"Seth what's taking you so-" My older brother Dustin stops talking once he see's the both of us in the bathroom. His eyes widen. "Shit."

Seth turns to look at him. "Sorry, your sister was just helping me clean my cuts." He says, emphasizing the word sister.

Dustin's eyes travel down to our hands which are still holding onto each other. He doesn't say anything about it, just looks a little confused. I quickly remove my hand from his and wrap my arms around myself, not meeting either of their eyes. I see Seth frown in the corner of my eye.

He breaks the silence. "Want to explain?"

Dustin sighs before nodding. He then holds his hand out for me to grab , which I do, and we walk back towards my room with Seth following behind us.

Once we enter, i'm about to rush over to my desk when Dustin stops me.

"What did you forget Daisy?" He asks, in a teasingly stern voice.

I giggle and walk back over so I can wrap my arms around him.

He kisses the top of my head. "Did you finish all your school work? You know you're not allowed to draw until it's done."

I nod silently before finally making my way over to my desk. I glance back at Seth to see him already staring at me. When he sees that i'm looking as well, he smiles. I return one with a slight blush before going back to my paper.

I hear them start to talk, but don't pay any attention to what they're saying.

I really hope I get to see Seth more often, I like him.