28

he confesses how long he's looked for a place to worship, and, oh, you put him on his knees

you put him on his knees

TWENTY EIGHT

DAISY

I frown when I don't see Seth waiting for me outside of my classroom, like he usually is.

I pull out my phone and send him a text, cause he's never late to meet me here considering his class is across from mine. And I just saw him this morning.

Seconds later, instead of a text I receive a phone call from him. I answer right away, starting to worry.

"Hello? Are you at school-"

"Relax sweetheart, your brother and I just decided to skip for the day. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner." I sigh in relief at his words. "Where are you now? Heading to second period?"

"Yes." I realize i'm stopped in the middle of the hallway and continue walking. "You're with bubba?"

"Mhm." He hums a reply. "We're good now."

"Really?" My eyes widen.

"Really baby. We talked about shit- stuff, sorry, and we're back to normal." He tells me, and I giggle at his slip up.

"Does that mean you can come over again?" I make it to my class, but wait outside so I can talk to him.

Seth releases a breath of air. "I'm not sure, i'll ask him about it though." He goes silent. "I miss you, and i'm sorry that I won't be in class today."

His words make me blush. "It's okay, I miss you too."

"I gotta go, but i'll be there after school to pick you up. As soon as the bell rings I promise."

"Okay." I mumble. "Bye Seth."

"See you soon, love."

~

"Hey girly!" Ava plops down into the spot next to me as i'm seated in the cafeteria at our usual table.

I smile at her enthusiasm. "Hi Ava."

She glances around, to make sure no one's listening, before leaning in closer. "So, there's this party tonight, and I was planning on going."

My eyes widen and I look at her like she's crazy. "But remember what happened last time? I-In Miami?" And what just happened a few days ago.