26

when death takes my handi will hold you with the other and promise to find youin every lifetime

i will hold you with the other
and promise to find you
in every lifetime

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

DAISY

"Bubba? I'm home." I call out as soon as I enter the house. It's now 3:57 pm and Seth just dropped me off.

There's no reply, but I hear noise coming from the kitchen so I head there first. The first thing I see is Dustin, leaning against the counter on his phone.

"Bubba, i'm home." I repeat quietly, playing with the end of my dress.

He glances up from his phone. "Hi Daisy."

I frown and walk forward until i'm only a few inches away, reaching out to tug on his sleeve. "You mean pumpkin?"

Dustin's eyes soften and he nods. "Sorry, hi pumpkin."

I allow a small smile to appear on my face when I realize that he can't be too mad if he called me pumpkin still, even if I had to remind him.

"We can talk now?" I ask.

Dustin stares at me silently, before standing up straight with a sigh. "Can I get a hug?"

I perk up at his question and immediately throw myself into his open arms. It feels like it's been forever since we've hugged.

"I'm sorry pumpkin, for everything." He mumbles against the top of my head.

"Me too." I whisper. "You don't hate me?"

We pull away after a few seconds and Dustin ruffles my hair. "I could never hate you, it's impossible." His words bring me relief. "And I want you to know that I support you and Seth, I was just surprised when I found out that you guys were...you know."

I cover my now red cheeks and avoid his eyes.

"I will be having a talk with him though."

His words only make my blushing worse.

"And about the party..." He trails off. "I want you to know that i'm handling it, alright? You don't need to be afraid of anyone or anything, not with me here."

I almost frown again at the mention of that night, but I do my best to listen. "Alright."

"I love you Daisy, more than anything."