You will be mine...even if it kills you part 1

Cassie's POV

Brian and Katey left after a few hours. I demanded they leave so I could get my head in gear but that wasn't the real reason why. I had a plan. I wanted Zack to be honest with me and tell me the truth before I kicked his sorry ass onto the street. The moment they both left I cleaned up as quickly as I could and began to cook a meal. I didn't know when Zack would be home or where he even was right now but I wanted him to think everything was ok before putting him on the spot. Maybe give him a chance to own up before I dug it out of him myself. I made some steak and roast veg and a chocolate desert from scratch. I dug out some wine from the bottom shelf of the wine cooler and began to set the table. Once the food was being left to cook slowly I headed upstairs and put a simple black dress on and fixed my hair and makeup. I don't know why I made so much effort but I wanted to make him think nothing was out of the ordinary so make it lok like I was trying to do something special for him. I ran downstairs quickly with some black heels in hand and shoved them on while trying to get back to the food before it burnt. I began to serve it all up and placed the plates on the table with some lit candles. I noticed I had removed the ring earlier and if I wanted things to look ok I needed to be wearing it. I heard someone walking up the drive so ran to the paper trash bin in the front room grabbing the ring and placing it back on my finger just in time. The door opened and in stepped a very hung over Zack. "Hey honey" I smiled walking across to him throwing my arms around him. His eyes went wide seeing how I made myself up and he hugged me back. "You look nice" He smiled as I pulled away. "What you dressed up for?...and do I smell steak?" He continued sniffinf the air. I nodded grabbing his hand and pulling him into the kicthen to see the ready set table. "Wow. What's the occasion?" He asked sitting down in the seat I pulled out for him. I walked round to my side of the table sitting oposite him. "Well you know I wanted to do something nice for you and thought I would cook us both a meal and you know" I smiled trying my best not to slap the fuck out of him. 

I don't think he  noticed how angry I really was at him. He showed no sign of guilt at all he just looked very amazed by the meal I had cooked for us both. "Wine?" I asked grabbing the bottle and beginning to pour two glassed. He nodded even though I didn't give him the chance to decline my offer. I downed the first glass then poured myself another one. Zack watched as I did this with a confused look on his face. "You ok?" He questioned me. "mmm hmmmm. I'm fine just was thirsty" I smiled back coyly. "So you have fun last night?" I asked as we both dug into the food. He nodded not realy saying anything else. Sign of a guilty conscience number 1. Silence took over us and we continued to eat. I kept my eyes on Zack as he ate sowly clearly deep in thought. I could tell something was up. I continued to eat in silence watching him and his body language. I wanted to scream at him and throw something at him but I wanted him to come out with it already on his own. By the time we both finished our steaks I grabbed the desert and placed a bowl infront of him and myself each. He looked at my ring on my hand then up at my eyes and smiled at me. I just knew he knew what he had done wrong and I culdn't hold it in any longer. He clearly was gonna keep quiet about it unless I spoke up. "So Lucy came round earlier" I said casually, yet Zack began to cough on his mouthfiul of food. "What?" He managed through splutters. I carried on eating thinking of the next thing to say as he looked up at me with worry in his eyes. I glanced back feeling rage build inside of me but tried my best to stay calm. "Yeah she came rund for a little chat" I continued. Zack put his spoon down on the table and leant forward his face a bit more serious this time. "A chat about what?". A smirk came across my face. Surely he can't be that stupid to think I don't know. "Well...she wanted to know how we was doing and stuff like that" I added. Zack let out a breath of relief and that's when it slipped out. "She also told me about your baby with her and how you don't love me as much as you say you do" I spat. His face dropped once again eyes filled with confusion and worry. "Oh don't give me that look Zack Baker! You think I was born just yesterday!" I snapped. "Cassie what the hell are you on about?" He muttered. He can play dumb all he wants I know whast the hell is going on here. His silence and body language before explained it all to me.