Chapter 13

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
🌹
*

I stand breathing heavily at my front door, watching as Damon drives away in his car. Josh silently stands behind me, watching me with a frown. When I turn around, he gives me a small smile.

"C'mon, don't let that party pooper get in your way of having fun! Go get ready and we'll go somewhere fun." He says with a chuckle. I playfully roll my eyes at him, totally forgetting the situation at hand.

"I know, but everything-"

"But nothing. You need to go upstairs and fix that bed hair of yours sweetie." He sweetly says, pointing to my head, which looked like a bird's nest right now. I gasp at him and dramatically hold my heart in shock. He laughs at me.

"How could you disrespect the hair like that! This curly hair," I say pointing to my bird's nest, "Is the best you'll ever see yet." And with that, I dramatically flip it and walk to my room, hearing a laughing Josh in the background.

----

As I bite into the burger, the burst of flavor explodes in my mouth, making me moan out at its goodness. Josh raises a brow at me as I feel my cheeks heat up. Look at me, I'm moaning at food and shit.

"I told you they had good food." He smirks at me, as I roll my eyes at him. I wave my hand at him.

"Na, it was okay. I wouldn't say the best burger in the world." I smirk at him. He raises his brows again as I silently chuckle at him. I do have to say that burger was damn good, but I won't admit it. He crosses his arms in a challenge.

"Oh really? Then what is the best burger?" He smirks at me. My smirks grows bigger. I lean into him, as if it's the biggest secret ever. He curiously looks at me as he leans in too. I whisper to him.

"This burger is called nunya." His beautiful eyes look at me in pure confusion, as I start to laugh.

"Why is it called nunya?" He asks me.

"Because it's NUNYA BUSINESS!" I yell out as I start dying of laughter. When he realizes the joke I made, he chuckles at me, shaking his head at me. I hold my stomach laughter, laughing like a dying hyena. You see, this is why you can't take me nowhere.

I wipe the fake tears from my eyes as I calm down. Josh shakes his head at me while eating a fry.

Josh had decided that we go out to go eat somewhere, since it was around lunch time. He said, and I quote, "What heals an upset mind is obviously food." I laughed at him for saying that, but that is very true. Without food in my life, my life would be nothing. And it worked, it completely made me forget what had happened back at home. I look at Josh and admire him.

He's a pretty cool guy. He's cute, smart, caring, and a really great friend. He's what any girl would want,  so why is he single?

I smirk at him, making him raise a brow. "So... how do you not have a girlfriend?" His eyes widen at the question, and he goes a little pink. He nervously scratches his neck.

"Hehe well you see..." Our cute tall, dark haired waiter comes to our table, making Josh shut up. He nods his head at me, me doing to same with a smile, and he looks at Josh with a big smile, making him blush to no end.

Hold on a second...

"Is there anything else I could get you guys? More food, drinks, dessert..." He mainly looks at Josh as his eyes twinkle with delight. Josh shyly smiles at him, as I look at the scene in front of me with surprise and happiness.

"Umm no we we're just getting ready to go..." Josh shyly says, looking away. Our waiter looks slightly disappointed at his answer. But as the good friend I am, I swoop in to save the day. I grab the waiter's arm to keep him from leaving the table. I look down at his name tag.

James

"Wait!" James looks at me with surprise and hope, with a slight smile on his face. "Yes?" Josh just silently watches the scene before him, not knowing what to do. I smile back at James.

"Josh, my friend here," I gesture to him with my hand as James looks at him sweetly, making Josh blush again.
"Obviously, both of y'all feel this connection you two feel. Don't be all shy about it, act on it! So James, is there something you wanted to ask my friend here?" I look at him hopefully, as James seems to have this new found confidence in him. He turns to Josh.

"Would you like to see a movie some time?" He says, a little nervous. Josh breaks out into a huge smile.

"Definitely." After James gives Josh his number, we leave the diner in a comfortable silence, until I interrogate him.

"How could you not tell me!" I tell him exasperated, moving my hands in the air to be dramatic. He laughs at me.

"Hey now, it's not my fault you just assumed I was straight." He tells me with a smirk. I roll my eyes.

"Well you could've said something before I tried to hook you up with some girl from math class!" He laughs out again at this.

"She's a different story. Two words, clingy and annoying." He says as he counts with his fingers. I shake my head at him and smile.

"Who says you're not clingy and annoying?" He looks at me with a raised brow.

"Says all the milkshakes that bring all the boys to the yard." He says with a sneaky smile. I start laughing like a dying hyena again.

"You don't even have milkshakes!"

"Or do I?" He says with a smirk. I gasp at him and hit his chest, laughing at him.

I found a great friend...

****
Do you think Josh has them milkshakes?😉😂

This was one of my favorite chapters! It's funny and too cute.

Thanks for reading this!

Lei-Bear