Chapter 18

Smile bitch, smile bitch, c'mon!

🌹

"Jasmine!" Josh speaks out to me in a stern tone. I slightly hide behind my closet door, holding a slipper.

"I'm not coming out Josh!" I say to him, trying to sound confident. He just laughs at me.

"It's either you try the dress or else." He says sounding dead serious. I get scared a little.

"Or else what?" There's a silent pause until he speaks.

"Or I'll get your mother." I groan out in frustration.

"You can't make me wear that silly thing, I already found a nice outfit for dinner tonight!" I argue. Josh rolls his eyes at me as he thrusts the dress my way, but I hide behind the closet door more, tightening my hold on the slipper.

"I have a chancla, don't come any closer!" I threaten, waving the slipper around to show him. He just pinches the bridge of his nose, trying to stay calm.

"Sweat pants and a t-shirt is not to be worn for a date!" He argues back, looking at me all flabbergasted.

"Excuse me mister, but sweat pants are the best thing ever made on this planet to wear!" I argue, getting offended about him talking about my sense of clothing. He smacks his hand on his forehead.

"What is wrong with you?" I just sit there behind the closet door, shrugging my shoulders.

He groans out and shakes his head as he leaves the room, probably to get my mother.

You see, my date with Damon is tonight and I don't know what to wear! I've tried many dresses and didn't like any of them that I've just resulted to just sweats, but Josh is trying to help me.

It's a work in progress.

"Jasmine!" I hear my mom yell, making me shake my head.

"Yes ma?"

"If you don't get your ass out of that closet and try on the damn dress, you ain't going nowhere." She says as a matter of fact. I quickly poke my head out from the closet and look at her with shock.

"You can't do that to me!" I cry out as I look at the dress Josh holds in his hands, as he smiles in triumph.

"Yes I can. Now you better get to stepping or you staying home. You hear me?"

"Yes ma." I say in a bored tone as I walk out of the closet in defeat and go towards a smirking Josh.

"Haha that's right!" Josh states as a matter-of-fact, making me roll my eyes. My mom smacks his arm out of nowhere. She points a manicured finger at him with a glare, making him scared.

"And if she don't put that dress on, I'm not making any of my special cookies for you the next time you come over." His eyes pop out of his face like a cartoon character, looking surprised.

"What?! That's not fair Rose!" He complains, crossing his arms like a sad child. I chuckle at him, making him playfully glare at me.

"Life is not fair boy, unless you the parent of the house. That's when you get to make your own rules." She says with a wink at the end, giving him a pat on the arm. She turns back to me with a knowing look.

"That dress better be on when I come back missy." I nod my head yes as she turns to the door.

"That's a nice dress too." My mom whispers to Josh as she scurries out of my room.

"Oh get that damn smirk off your face!" I yell as I snatch the dress out of his hands and walk to the bathroom.

He just laughs at me, meanie.