Chapter 14

My heart go ba-dum, boo'd up
🌹
*

I roll my eyes at the billionth text I got from Damon, saying he was sorry for getting mad. Walking down the side walk to my house, I think about Damon. I don't know why he's so difficult. One moment we're having fun and laughing our asses off, the next we're yelling and bickering. Deep down in that cold heart of his, he has to feel something for me, I'm not stupid. Maybe I'm just blinded by love, but I know he does, he just has to. But then I think of another thing:

What had happened when he got hurt?

I don't believe the crap he says about getting hurt at practice. I know it's something else much worse but... do I want to risk knowing it?

I shake my head, trying to rid the thoughts from my head. Seeing our small house ahead, I slightly run to it, since its kinda cold outside.When I walk into the house, I notice a yellow sticky note on the fridge. Panic soars through me as I run to it, wanting to know what it says. I fear that this is another ambush. We can't go through another attack in this family.

I hastily grab the note and read it in panic.

I'm out with a friend, so don't wait up sweetie.
-Mom

Relief floods though my body as I let out a sigh of relief. I take a look at the note again and shake my head at it.

"You gave me a heart attack. Stupid sticky note." Throwing the sticky note into the trash can, I head to the living room. I slump back on the old couch and turn on the tv, watching another episode of full house. DJ and Stephanie argue about sharing a room together, as I let out an ugly laugh. You know how sometimes when you laugh, it just sounds so unattractive? Yeah that's me but this happens all the time. As I continue to look at the t.v, my eyes start to slowly grow heavy, making me fall into a deep slumber.

Opening up my eyes, I gasp out for air as I frantically look around my surroundings. Slowly getting up from the concrete floor, I stand up and walk around the empty, but cold room. The whole room is made of concrete, as mold starts to form on some parts of the wall from water damage. These are the type of rooms you wouldn't want to be in. It gives off the creepy vibe that sends chills down my back. I recognize the room from somewhere, but from where?

No longer than a second later, I notice a small figure sitting in the corner, looking as frightened as I feel. The dark skinned boy has bruises all over his scared face. He sniffles every few seconds, filling in the silence of the room. I desperately wanted to ask if he was okay, but I felt like I couldn't do anything. I felt immobilized.

Out of nowhere, the locked door to the left of the dingy room slams open, storming in an angry and scary looking man. I squint my eyes as I notice his dark features.

Is that my father?

My father demonically storms to the poor boy, as he starts screaming for him to leave him alone. My body suddenly jolts to life as I mindlessly run to my father, noticing how much smaller and younger I am. Am I younger in this dream?

"Daddy, leave him alone!" I yell, tears run down my small face as I helplessly pull on the his arm. He looks at me in disgust as he flings me off his arm, as I roughly hit my back against the dirty wall. The little boy looks at my father with fear and hatred.

"Leave her alone!!" He yells out to my father in pure hatred. He then looks down at the boy and starts landing punch after punch on him. He screams out in agony as the hits roughly land all over his fragile body. With his last punch, the boy lays limp on the ground, but is still awake surprisingly. My father points an accusing finger at him.

"I don't care what she says about you, you leave this house TONIGHT!" My father then grabs his wrist, dragging his body out of the room as the little boy tries to struggle out of his hold, crying and pleading him not too. And for some reason I start to cry too, as hurt and guilt fills my body.

I wake up startled as I sit up, frantically looking around my cozy living room, noticing the show Friends was now playing on the television. I let out a sigh of relief as I lay back down, putting a hand on my fast beating heart.

"It was just a dream Jaz, don't freak out. Don't freak out. He's gone." I mumble to myself as I stare up at my ceiling, laying down on the couch as my feet hang off at the edge. I thought the nightmares finally went away. After Ethan died, I've been having nightmares of him hurting me, hurting my mother, killing people, anything to get me scared shitless.

But after a month later, they went away, and I was extremely happy about that. I even told my mother about the nightmares. Even though she was concerned for my mental health, she told me she went through the same thing after she left him the first time. She said that at first it makes you feel like you're going crazy and out of your mind. But after a while, they completely went away. She does say the only thing that remains of him are the memories that they have together. The good memories.

Not only am I confused as to why the nightmare came back, but why was it different. Usually the nightmares consist of him hurting me or my mother, but this time it showed him hurting a boy I didn't even know. What was the meaning behind all of this?

I hear a buzz come from my phone. I pick it up from the coffee table and check who it is. When I read the name, I rolled my eyes. Guess who it is, oh you guessed it alright. Its Damon, texting me another apology for the umpteenth time today after he stormed off.

"Leave me alone." I mumble mockingly to the text as I turn off my phone. When I hear the doorbell go off, I raise my brows in questioning. Oh please don't tell me he's at my door, because that's just sad. I hear my phone buzz again, and I get angry. I storm to my front door and angrily open it and start yelling.

"Damon, if you don't leave me al-" I quickly stop my yelling when I notice it's not Damon at all. I stare at the tall dark skinned man in embarrassment as he looks shocked.

"Hehe I-I'm so sorry about that, how can I help you?" I ask him as he just stares at me with a look I can't comprehend, and its kind of freaking me out. After a while, he gets out of his trance and looks at me with nervousness.

"I-I'm sorry for bothering you miss, this was a mistake." Before I could protest, he quickly walks away, leaving me even more confused than I already am.

****
How was this chapter, it wasn't too confusing right? But look at the bright side, it's longer than usual!

Anywayyyy, let me know what you think about it, because I love y'alls comments😂

Love you guys with my heart!!

Lei-Bear